Chapter Fifty.

I keep backing up slowly. I don't really have a plan or reason to be backing away. If I go right for the device he will probably shoot me. If I run for him he will probably shoot me. If I turn around and go back he would be confused but still probably shoot me. There's a knife in my boot. I remember Tobias handing me it before I left. I look at the wall behind him and make a horrified face. He frowns and turns around to look behind him. I was 100% sure that wasn't going to work. In one swift movement, I grab the knife from my boot, aim and throw. It hits him in the temple. I smile, thinking that a plan so dodgy worked so well. I walk over to the device, punching in the correct numbers and hitting the green button. A beep, then a churning sound. I stuff it in my bag and take David's gun from his body. I open the door, the death serum still floating around, but its not as bad as the last time. I run through it, and finally I'm through the door. My chest untightens. I take a deep breath, then look around. It's quiet. Not really knowing what to do, I walk to my dorm, then I remember the emergency lockdown. I roam through the corridors, then hear a sound. I look around, and see Cara. "Cara!" I shout. She looks over. On the side of her face she has many bruises. "Tris!" She calls back. We run over to each other, and I see the details of the bruises on her face. "What happened?" I ask. "We, they were-" she starts, but we hear a truck pull up outside. I run past the security checkpoint and see Tobias getting out. He lights up and smiles when he notices me. I don't even look at Cristina, or zeke. Tobias is here. I run over and jump up on him when he enters, my legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck. He holds my back as we kiss. I hope the surprise jump will put him in a good mood for when I tell him I went into the Weapons Lab and not Caleb. Finally after a while he let's me down. "Where is everyone?" Tobias asks. "There was a emergency lockdown before Tris went into the Weapons Lab." Cara says to him, and he looks down at me. "I thought Caleb was supposed to go in." He looks slightly confused. "Well, it worked anyway" I say and give him a smile. I look at his watch. It's nearly 5am. That means the doors will open and everyone will be clueless because of the memory serum. They start talking. No one has asked me what happened in the weapons lab. I wonder if they'll be surprised when I say that I simply threw a knife to his head. I hold Tobias's hand. His fingers interlock with mine. I look around to see who is here. Matthew, Christina, Zeke, I'm assuming Zekes mom, George, Amar, Cara and Caleb. I notice Tobias giving him weird looks. I smile. Suddenly there's a ring, and a woman on the intercom is saying "Attention all compound residents. Emergency lockdown time is up. I repeat, emergency lockdown is no more." I smile at Tobias. He smiles back.

I know this chapter is kinda short but I just wanted to clear things up and not make Tris die haha. I'm not sure if I should make another chapter on them educating the people who were affected by the memory serum or just leave it at that... Message me your opinion?

--Sara