Heir to what?

"Hah, she shut you as quick as a flash." Peter looked around and saw Viv talking to Flash.

Viv was a squat girl, a little too round and babyish for her age. Her hair reminded Peter of a type of pasta he had seen once, up in tight curls but looking as if it had been partially burnt, streaks of dark brown throughout the blonde. She was known school-wide, first of all because she was an amazing debater, and second of all because she made puns in every class, to the stage where everyone would collectively groan whenever she said anything, even if it wasn't a pun.

Flash narrowed his eyes at her, "Watch it, Thompson."

"Watch what?" Viv said a little too innocently, "You can't 'prove your point' here, too many witnesses."

And with that, she left, leaving a spluttering Flash in her wake.

The class had reached the end of the exhibition when Peter noticed them all clustered around a sign, whispering to one another. He and Ned had fallen behind when Ned had paused to stare at a particular exhibit for a couple of minutes. Curious, he tried to get a view, and was surprised when the crowd parted to let him pass. Ned trailed slowly after him.

It was small, right next to the door, the very last thing you were supposed to read on the way out. Right at the top was writing saying, "Who is the mystery heir?"

Oh no. Oh no no no no no no no. Peter's eyes skimmed it over.

One of the biggest questions asked of Stark Industries has always been this; who will inherit the company after Tony Stark? After all, when it was still run by Howard there was always one, clear, heir. Now, however, the future is more uncertain.

Tony has confirmed, however, that there is at least one heir to the company. But who?

It is a well-known fact that Tony has no children, biological or otherwise. This all but rules out the possibility that the company will stay familial. There is, of course, the possibility that ownership would pass to Pepper Potts-Stark, however she is the same age as Tony and there would be a similar conundrum as to who would succeed her.

So who will take over from the great Tony Stark, the Iron Man?

Tony has two personal interns, the names of which are Harley Keener and Peter Parker.

There was more to the article, but it was all irrelevant. Flash was going to give him hell for this, surely.

Speaking of the devil -

Flash shoved his shoulder, sending him staggering slightly. "How'd you do it, Penis?!" he demanded, "Did you sneak in this morning and change it to make yourself seem better than us?!"

"No way! I'd never do that!" Peter tried to defend himself.

"CUT IT OUT!" Enfys pushed through the group of students, putting herself between Peter and Flash, "Bullying will not be tolerated here, am I understood? Or would you rather deal with the Black Widow again? I know for a fact that she will be watching through the security cameras at this very moment and may well be coming down here already. So. Back. Down."

Flash seemed to wither at the mention of the female superhero, and stepped back.

"Now," Enfys continued, "you weren't supposed to get these until after the Avengers Museum, but I've just been told to give them to you now. Everyone at Stark Industries has an account in a chat system called Stark Chats, and can join different Groups or have private chats or whatever. Alerts are sent out through this system as well, so since you're staying overnight and I won't always be here, you get your own temporary accounts that will be deleted after you leave. Your username is set, but you can change your nickname at any time. You'll be in a class chat with your classmates, teacher, and myself. If you get invited to join any other groups, you can if you want to, but don't feel pressured. Now, get out your phones, go onto the Stark Industries website, tour groups section, overnight tours, communications. There should be a box, type in the code on the card I give you, then download the chats system. That'll log you into your account automatically. I'll help anyone who needs it, just ask. Got it? Good, here."

Enfys handed out what looked like business cards, each with a name and code printed on them. She then went around helping anyone that wanted help.

"Okay, you've got five minutes to experiment with the chat system and go back to anything in the exhibit you want to double check. But be here in exactly five minutes!"

"I really wanna go back and check out that rocket again, see you in a bit bro!"

"Sure thing. See ya later, Ned," Peter waved his friend off.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket, and flicked to Stark Chats. To his extreme alarm, the Avengers & Co. chat had been swamped while he wasn't online. Five messages had been pinned.

The first was from Aunt Carol, reminding everyone not to kill each other and that her next Earth visit would be in about a month. It had been sent a month ago, to date.

The next was Pepper keeping an up-to-date list on what everyone was nicknamed in the chat. The reason they had it was because two weeks or so ago there had been a disaster of a prank war caused by nickname mix-ups.

Next was Shuri declaring, "t'sup nerds and losers, my bro and i are coming for a surprise visit sometime"

Forth was Thor saying that he and his brother would be swinging by at the same time as Carol to catch up with everyone.

And lastly, a new message pinned just ten minutes ago by Tony, saying in these words exactly:

WARS GOING ON TODAY, YOURE ALL GETTING GUN DISTRABUTION ASSIGNMENTS SENT TO YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES

That was it. That was the entire message. If Peter hadn't known any better, he would have thought a massacre was about to go down.

He flicked through into the private messages section. Multiple were bold, demanding his attention. However, the newest was from Tony. When he opened it, it was full caps, just like the first message.

PETER: LEVEL THREE. STASH LOCATED BEHIND MARK 1 REPLICA.

Peter massaged his temples. Great, how was he supposed to shove guns into his classmate's hands then bolt? It was ridiculous. With any luck he could get Enfys to explain what was going on, or something, if she even knew this was going down today.

"Okay, gather round, let's go, let's go!" Enfys clapped her hands, did a quick head count, and led the way out of the exhibition.

Okay, I have an updating schedule! Expect updates every Sunday. I might make them more frequent if I think I can manage it.

Also! I'll need OCs, so if you fancy having yourself included send me a PM with all the details you want included. If I'm missing anything (e.g. age, eye colour, stuff like that) I'll make it up.