twenty one

hey girlypops!!!!

this is just a cute little chapter.

i hope you like it. 💛

zach was home alone. he didn't have work and ava had school.

he was content. he was having a relaxing day, trying to relax his leg and help it heal.

it wasn't until he heard a loud banging that he was brought out of that comfort. he knew it was from across the street where they were doing construction.

that didn't mean that his heart didn't start racing. zach stood up and grabbed his crutches. he swallowed and looked around. he didn't know what to do. he didn't know how to handle this by himself. it's not like he could leave. his car was totaled and his knee was still broken. zach went to call ava but she was in class and he didn't want to disrupt that.

zach immediately ordered an uber and put a sweatshirt on. he put his shoes on and texted jack. he grabbed a few things and put them in his backpack and threw the bag over his shoulders.

zach: can i go to your apartment? they're doing construction next door.

jack texted back a few minutes later saying that it was okay. zach thanked him before texting ava to let her know where he was going. his uber showed up a few moments later and zach hurried outside. he got in and they drove to jack's apartment.

the whole way there zach's knee was bouncing up and down. when they got there zach thanked the driver and went inside. he took the elevator and unlocked jack's door. jack left his keys with zach so he wouldn't lose them while on tour.

zach locked the door behind him and crutched in. he set his stuff down on the counter and went to jack's bedroom. he sat on the bed and laid back. he rested his arm over his eyes and let out a small sigh.

zach jolted awake when his phone started ringing. he didn't even remember falling asleep. he quickly answered it without looking at the caller id.

"hello?" zach rubbed his eye with his free hand.

"hey baby."

a smile formed on zach's face. "hi jack."

"i'm just calling really quick to let you know that i just got an email saying a package was delivered. could you get it for me please?" jack's voice sounded rushed.

zach's smile fell a little. "yeah of course."

zach went back out and unlocked the front door and opened it. there was a small box on the ground so he slowly crouched down to pick it up and then used his crutch to help him back up.

he looked down at the box from amazon before looking back up. his eyes widened and he let out a quiet noise of surprise.

"jack!"

zach set the box on the table next to the door and threw his arms around the older boy. jack chuckled and hugged back just as tight.

"what're you doing here?" zach pulled back from jack a little.

"i told you i was coming back a day later than i actually was so that i could surprise you." jack shrugged a little and kissed the side of zach's head.

zach smiled and leaned up to press his lips to jack's. zach pulled back and leaned into jack. "i love you."

"i love you too zach."

551 words

i hope you liked it. 💛

let me know what you think. 💛

- cassandra