Mr. Freakishly Tall

Start from the beginning

"Huh, kinda young? Impressive." I laugh taking another sip of my drink. Well at least I don't have to worry about him getting in my pants.

"You're quite the company," he laughs.
Damn that'd be a wonderful smile to wake up to everyday...

"Last time I checked you were keeping me company."

I swear I forgot everything in that moment. The ring on his left hand, where I was, what was happening. The warmth of his lips against mine made me feel so alive.

But it was all so wrong.

"What-what are you doing," I ask with my hands on his shoulders pushing his lips away from mine.

"Isn't this what you want, the real reason you let me stay out here. And God damn you look so hot in the moonlight," he breathes against my neck.

"No! You're married! This is cheating for fucks sake!" I push him completely away from me.

"She'd never know, she's out of town," he says grabbing my hand.

"I have to go," I say walking back inside to be greeted with the smell of sweat and beer.

This is not happening. No way. I'm dreaming, I have to be dreaming...
So much for being someone else. Someone outgoing and confident.

Someone who is not me.

I take a deep breath. I should go back in, finish what I started, be someone else just for the night. But it's so wrong, he's married. Go home Merideth, go home, go to a bar, just do not walk back through that door. Go. Home.

"Okay, go home, just go home and this will all be over. Every Bodies too drunk to remember any of this in the morning anyway," I say to no one but myself walking down to my car.

Heels are definitely not my thing.
Once in my car I kinda just sit there. I don't want to go home, all too many memories wait for me there. Drive, drive anywhere.

My first instinct is the bakery, and I'm there before I can even think about it.

"Excuse me?" I hear from behind me in the shadows as I open the bakery door.

"Hm?" I turn around.

"Is this open? The bakery?"

"Uh, yeah I guess. I don't see why not. Come in." I hold the door open for him. What am I doing? He could be an axe murder for all I know.

"So you always just key random people in here? It's midnight you know? Scary people live in LA you know?" He gives a small smile and looks around, "no lights? Even worse."

I flip a light switch and the small shop on the corner of the street becomes as bright as the sky on the Fourth of July, "don't worry. I have lights." I can't help but smirk.

"Ah.." He smiles like a little kid in a candy store, "So you always open this late?"

I shake my head, "First time." I walk behind the counter placing my bag underneath on a shelf.

"I could be an axe murder, maybe a rapist, anything really."

"I'll take my chances," I say looking down to hide my newly red cheeks, "So what do you want?"

"You have coffee? Coffee sounds good..." He looks up at the menu as I grab two coffee mugs. Coffee isn't on the menu but I do have a supply, machine, and mugs for the employees.

"So coffee at midnight? Either heading to work or sobering up, you don't look like someone on their way to work so what happened tonight? Big party or something?"