Chapter 3: Mutual Connections

Everyday my brother would come with me to school... he gives cooks my lunch and eats with us... he also accompany me when I go home.. Sometimes, when I am too lazy to walk he carries me on his back. And I sing a song.

Until one day.... I saw my brother..

"O--" with sempai Ken.

So now they are close friends...I told myself. I was going to surprise them when....brother talked.

"So how is she?"

"She?"

"You know whom I am talking about."

"I guess... she's fine."

"What do you mean, 'I guess'?"

I hid near the school bus.

"I guess.....because I haven't heard any news about him since you left for London."

Then sempai continued.

"Is that the reason, why you've been so great as a brother to Akiko?"

I really wanted to hear the answer... but..

"Akiko!!!! How are you? I didn't see you a while ago."

Oh...good. We played a prank on you that's why..... I said in my mind.

"Oh sorry, Hotaru. I...."

"Akiko, so you're here. Let's go."

Said my brother.

"Sure. Good bye Hotaru. See you tomorrow."

I smiled at Hotaru but before we left I glanced at Sempai.

As we were walking... I couldn't stop myself from asking.

"Onii-chan, what were you talking about.... a while ago?"

"What?"

"You were talking with Sempai.... as if you've known each other for a long time... Longer than we have known each other."

"So you heard."

"I only heard a little of your conversation..... sorry, for eavesdropping."

He stopped and said.

"It's okay. Don't worry.....everything we talked about...it's nothing important."

I nodded.

"So let's go in."

I smiled and followed him.

"Okaasan, we're home."

"I am glad your home."

I was about to go upstairs when mother called me again.

"Akiko, dress up.... I want you to go for shopping. I have a list of those you should buy."

"Okaasan, no need. I'll do it."

"No, you'll be helping me cook the foods. You know I can't trust Akiko to do the cooking."

"Okaasan, I heard that."

They just laughed.

So, I dressed up and fixed my hair.

"Akiko, these are the things you should buy."

"Wow, a very long list?"

"Yeah, so go now before you'll be late for dinner."

"Okay."

I used my bike to get to the market. When I got there, I was surprised that the market is not crowded at all. But I am also happy, in that way I could easily buy the things I need to buy.

I am almost got half of the things, mother wanted me to buy... when I bumped into someone. She's so beautiful, So...

"Oh... S-sorry."

"It's okay. Are you hurt?"

"No, not at all. uhmmm.. I broke your phone."

"No, it's okay. I'll just buy a new one."

"I am really sorry. By the way, I am Akiko Miagi. If it's okay with you. Is it okay, that I'll be the one to buy you a new phone?"

"No,..no...uhmm.. But really? Your last name is Miagi?"

"Yes, is my last name familiar to you?"

"Yes, I know someone with the same last name."

"Who is it, I may have known him/her?"

"No.... maybe he has the same last name as you are but are not really related."

"Okay, may I know your name?"

"I am Yuna."

"Oh. Nice to know you Yuna-san."

I wrote my number on a piece of paper.

"Here, this is my number Yuna-san. If in case you want me to change your phone just contact me...or if you want to talk to me."

"Okay. I'll text you right away."

"I have to go home now. See you next time and take care."

I saw her waving her hand to me. She's so sweet. I am glad she did not get angry when I broke her phone. Maybe the picture of the guy who is with her on the picture is her boyfriend. I bet he's a lucky one.

I went home with a smile on my lips. I ate dinner with onii-chan, okaasan and ottoosan. After that we all went to sleep. But before that, I checked my phone. I saw a new a message.

"Hello, this is Yuna. I just want to say, thank you very much for the time a while ago. And I don't want you to buy me a new phone. I hope to see you again. And let's have some coffee if you're free."

Wow.

"Sure. Good night Yuna-san."