Prologue

A few years ago...

- Louis William, I'm going to murder you! 

     Louis rolled his eyes and turned off his phone. The employees stared at him but he just smiled, acting like nobody heard Harry's voice. The woman next to him coughed and raised her glance from the phone to Louis. 

- So, which age group are you interested in, sir? - she asked professionally. 

- I'm thinking three to five. But I'm okay if they are elder. - Louis answered and followed the woman to the assigned room. 

     The brunette opened the door and politely greeted everybody. But the attention was on the stranger, rather than her. Louis nearly felt intimidated by dozens of eyes directed to him, even if he was obviously the strongest person in the room. The eyes kept staring and now he was having second thoughts about being there alone. 

- You can have a look for a while. Call me if you need anything. - the brunette informed and left his side. 

     Louis took a breath and turned to face everyone. Unlike the adults, the tiny people here didn't act like they didn't notice him. Their curiosity was obvious. Louis moved his feet and started looking around, feeling nothing but awkward about everything that was happening there. He wished the door opened and there was the one single person he was looking for. But that one single person was supposedly in the big group. And the hardest challenge was the fact that Louis knew nothing about the person. 

- AMY! - a loud voice was heard and a little girl ran to him. 

     She bent down and picked up a doll that was right next to Louis' feet and a step away from being smashed. 

- Oh, sorry, darling. I didn't see it. - Louis apologized softly and observed the girl in front of him. 

     The girl looked up and grinned, asking if he wanted to play. Seeing that it was the closest he got to his aim, Louis nodded and sat down on the floor with the girl that looked around seven and her friends. The children got around him, loving the attention and the seldom jokes. He enjoyed the company but it was still not as simple as he thought. His mind was far from being peaceful yet. It was still searching, not knowing who it was searching for either. An hour later, when the children got easily distracted, he got up and took his phone out of his pocket. 

- Hey, Hazz. Look, I'm sorry I came here without you but I wanted to surprise you. And also, you've been so busy with work lately that we kept postponing this. I couldn't wait more. Anyway, please come here, cause I'm making no progress whatsoever. - he ranted after having his partner's number dialed. 

     Hoping that Harry would get the voicemail soon, he leaned against the wall and looked around the room. The children he spent time with were all in different parts of the room, playing and communicating. Those he hasn't approached looked neutral towards him. He decided against talking to anyone new there, as it wasn't a grocery store nor a zoo, where he couldn't just test it and make a quick choice. That's not how it should work. He closed his eyes and hoped Harry would get there soon. The loud voices kept ringing in his ears and it all just created one messy chaos in his head.

     It was a few moments later, when he felt a small tug on his jeans. He opened his eyes and looked down. There was a tiny fist curled around the dark blue material. He could barely see anything but the bunch of light brown hair made him realize there was a small boy hiding behind his leg and giggling uncontrollably. His hair was dump and Louis, who was smiling subconsciously, saw another figure in front of the two of them with a water gun aimed towards his legs.