Chapter Six: The Spy

Start from the beginning

"Yes, I do," Dustin answered. "And I'm sorry. Can you just say okay and get over it while we get ready to stop this beast?"

"K," Hailey told him. "And by 'K', I mean 'fuck you for lying to the party'. What happened to 'friends don't lie'?"

Ruby smirked in amusement. "Okay. You go, Hailey."

"You know, Ruby, you're not helping, like at all," Dustin told her.

"Not trying to," Ruby replied.

Dustin looked at Hailey. "Can you just forgive me at least pretend to like me for the night so we can get this done?"

Hailey scoffed. "I am not forgiving you, and I don't have the energy to pretend to like you tonight after what you pulled."

Dustin sighed. "I'm sorry."

"And I hope you step on a Lego," Hailey told him. "That shit hurts."

Ruby laughed lightly.

"Okay, wait a sec," Steve told them. "Before the fighting goes on more. How big is this thing?"

Dustin held out his fingers a tiny distance apart. "First it was like that." He held out his arms to show how big Dart was now. "Now he's like this."

Ruby wasn't sure how to react to any of this since she hadn't seen any of the creatures from the Upside Down yet. "I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard," Hailey told them.

"How do you know?" Ruby asked.

"How do we know if it's not?" Hailey asked.

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve asked.

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat," Dustin answered. Steve, Hailey, Ruby and Nadia were surprised but took this in. Hailey hit Dustin with the back of her hand. "Ow!"

"This bastard ate your cat and you still didn't call for help until after all this shit happened?" Hailey asked. "Way to go, Dustin."

Hailey and Dustin both started to talk over each other, bickering, to the point where Steve, Ruby and Nadia couldn't tell what they were saying anymore.

Steve tried to get them to stop. "Hailey! Hey, hey, hey. Dustin."

Nadia honked her horn loudly, making everyone in the car jump, looking in the rear view mirror. "Hailey! Dustin! If you two don't stop bickering, I'll pull this car over, leave you two here, and go deal with the monster myself, like I have been doing with monsters like this last year. Do both of you understand that?"

Dustin whispered quietly. "Yes. Sorry, Nadia."

Hailey sighed, crossing her arms, speaking sarcastically. "Yes, Mom."

Steve sighed. "Thank you."

Ruby looked from Steve to Nadia in amusement, smirking. "You two usually taking care of the kids like this?"

Steve and Nadia gave Ruby a look.

Henderson House - Outside

Nadia parked her car. Nadia, Ruby, Steve, Hailey and Dustin got out of the car, walking over to the trunk, opening it, going through it.

Nadia pulled out the nail bat, holding it out to Steve. Steve reached for the bat, but Hailey took it first.

"Hailey--" Steve started.