🧪Chapter 8 ~ Stone Road🧪

Start from the beginning

Senku sat up and pointed at the sky. "That's the North Star. It's a ridiculously useful star that's ten billion percent true north. Remember that." Senku said.

"Oh, is it?" Chrome questioned.

"It seems slightly off from true north." Kohaku said.

"It can't be. It's within the margin of error-" And Senku's eyes widened. "Earth's axis is shifting! The whole planet has tilted slightly over the past 3,700 years. It's currently AD 5,379. The North Star shifted." Senku said then he chuckled, "A true scientist would laugh at me. How could I not have seen that?" He looked down at [Y/n], who was bobbing her head in an attempt to stay awake. 'She noticed it well before I did.' He thought. "You guys are way more observant because you have no preconceived notions. I'm such a loser."

"You don't seem like a loser to me, Senku." Kohaku said.

"I'm not saying that to put myself down. I think of myself as being so rational, but I can't keep up on this scale. That's all. 3,700 years. It never hit me until now how insanely long that is." Senku explained then it hit him., "Wait, how did you know that the ex-North Star isn't true north?" 

"So even the great Senku doesn't know about this rock. This crazy rock that I happened to find on a bald mountain!" Chrome sneered and presented his rock, "For some reason, when you hang it or float it, it always points straight north! Isn't it nuts?"

Senku's eyes widened a bit. "It's a magnet." He stated, and Chrome fell on the ground.

"You know of it?! Damn it!" Chrome yelled.

Senku chuckled and picked up the magnet. "Good going, Chrome. If we have magnets...we can collect iron sand." He said.

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

The next day, Senku, Chrome, [Y/n], and Kohaku changed into swimwear. [Y/n] had to borrow Kohaku's second one. All there was to say about it... it was a bit small.

"I said I'm not a gorilla!" [Y/n] could hear the guys bullying Kohaku as she walked closer to the group. "Also, why am I doing all the collecting here! Why don't you guys get off your asses and do some work, too?! We don't have enough manpower." Kohaku continued.

[Y/n] couldn't but giggle. "She's like a mother." She said as she walked closer with a magnet.

Senku's eyes widened a bit as his eyes trailed along [Y/n]'s body. He can enjoy the view all day.

"Because of our lack of manpower, this could take quite a while." [Y/n] said and straightened her ponytail. Senku snapped out of his trance.

"Y-Yeah." Senku said and got back to work.

Chrome and Kohaku were dumbfounded.

"He just..." Chrome muttered.

"He stuttered..." Kohaku muttered.

They looked at [Y/n], who was cluelessly collecting sand. "She didn't even notice..." Kohaku said with a deadpanned look.

"Should I get someone from the village to help out?" Chrome asked.

"As far as the villagers know, you three are suspicious sorcerers. Sadly, no one is going to come help." Kohaku said, and Senku sighed.

[Y/n] noticed something floating down the river. "A watermelon?" [Y/n] muttered and took a step back.

The watermelon stood up, which scared [Y/n] a little.

"It's Suika. What are you doing here?" Kohaku asked, and Suika held up a magnet, "Did you follow us here?"