Chapter Twenty

US AGAINST THE WORLD

"the red queen"

We've been searching the Academy for hours, there's no sign of Vanya at all

"No sign of Vanya." Five asked as Klaus, Diego, him, and I all met up on the walkway upstairs.

"She's not in any of the rooms." Diego said.

"She's not downstairs either." Klaus added.

"Well I'm out." Diego said, patting Klaus' shoulder as he walked down the stairs.

"Wait, wait." I said staring at Diego confused.

"Where are you going? Vanya's still out there and so are Hazel and Cha Cha." Five asked.

"I know." Diego said, turning around to face us. "I'm gonna get my things and then I'm outta here. I got some unfinished business with those fools." And with that Diego was off.

"Hey, did Dad say anything about the apocalypse when you spoke to him?" Five asked, turning to Klaus. "Any clues as to how it happened."

"No. No clues. Truly terrific shave. Oh and a weird message. But no clues." Klaus said with a small sigh.

"What message?" I asked as I raised a brow.

"It's really weird, I don't even understand it." Klaus said

"Klaus you don't understand a lot of things. What was the message?" Five demanded.

"The roles are reversed. It's no longer the white queen that beats the red, but the red queen that beats the white." Klaus said. Five and I both looked at him confused.

"Red queen? Like Alice in Wonder Land?" I asked.

"I have no idea. Like I said, it's confusing." Klaus said as he walked downstairs.

"Hey come to think of it dad did say something about my potential and how I've just scratched the surface." Klaus said with a small smile.

Red queen beats the white queen? What the hell does that mean. I ignored Klaus' words and walked off to my room to think. What the hell was dad getting at. I sat in my room pondering around for at least an hour before I finally decided to take a break. I let out a small sigh and went to walk out of the room when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I examined myself in the mirror and it was very evident to me that this Academy uniform was not going to cut it anymore. If I'm dying today it will not be in this outfit. So I did what any other annoying sibling would do, I went to my sister's room to steal her clothes. Allison went shopping all the time when we were younger, she bought at least three new outfits every week. I'm just praying some of it is still there. I opened her closet door and there stood the clothes. There weren't as much as when we were younger but I can make due with what I've got. Grabbing the least dated out items I picked out a red dress that went to my mid thigh and a black leather jacket. I grabbed the only pair of shoes which were pair of black ankle boots and then I threw my hair back in a pony tail. I looked at myself in the mirror and with a satisfied smile I walked out the door. I went to walk back to my room to continue deciphering dad's message when a shout cut me off followed by Five yelled.