Chapter Three

US AGAINST THE WORLD

"funeral fights"

"What's the date? The exact date." Five asked, grabbing the bread from the shelf.

"The 24th." Vanya said.

"Of what?" Five asked, walking back to the table.

"March." I said.

"Good." Five said with a nod.

"So are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Luther asked.

Five ignored Luther and set the bread gently on the cutting board.

"It's been 17 years." Luther said, standing up.

"It's been a lot longer than that." Five said, jumping to the cabinets.

He grabbed the marsh mellows and peanut butter and jumped back over to the table.

"Where'd you go?" I asked.

"The future. It's shit by the way." Five said, looking up to me.

"Called it." Klaus claimed.

"I should've listened to the old man. You know, jumping into space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." Five said, spreading peanut butter on the bread.

He looked up to us and his eyes narrowed on Klaus.

"Nice dress." Five said, returning to making his sandwich.

"Oh well, danke." Klaus said, twirling the end of Allison's skirt in his hand.

"Wait, how did you get back?" Vanya asked.

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time." Five said, putting marsh mellows over the peanut butter.

"That makes no sense." Diego said.

"Well it would if you were smarter." Five shot.

"So how does that effect Talia?" Allison asked.

"Her powers intertwined with my projection thus effecting her the same it effected me." Five said, putting the other piece of bread on the one with peanut butter and marsh mellows.

"How long were you there?" Luther asked.

"45 years give or take." Five said.

"So what are you saying? That your 58?" Luther asked.

"No, my consciousness is 58. Apparently my body is not 13 again." Five said, grabbing his sandwich off the table.

"Wait, how does that even work?" Vanya asked.