v. one night stand?

Start from the beginning

"where the fuck did it go?" she whispered to herself with one hand shielding in the sun streaming through the window.

suddenly a voice spoke from behind ady, making her jump a little. "if you're looking for your dress, it's out by the couch."

turn around, ady mentally encouraged herself. be normal.

ady spun around slowly to face the boy, and as soon as she met the boy's blue eyes, pieces of the night came flooding back to her. she remembered leaving the club hand in hand with him to uber back to his apartment. she cringed at the memory of making out with the boy in the back of the uber, definitely not something her sober self would do. once they got back to the apartment, ady remembers drinking more, clearly more than she did at the club, which explains why the night was so hazy.

ady blushed, not nearly as confident as she was the night before. "oh, um." she thought hard, trying to remember his name, "cool. thanks, colby."

she turned back around and slipped out the door. as colby promised, her dress was thrown across the floor right in front of the couch. she grabbed it while yelling out to colby, "i found it!"

colby came out of his room wearing a black hoodie and black jeans. "you can change in there if you want."

ady nodded her head, then returned to his room to change out of what she assumed was colby's t-shirt. she folded it nicely, leaving it on the bed. ady sent a quick text to her friends saying she would be on her way in a few minutes, then opened the door to his room one final time.

ady cleared her throat, mentally preparing herself for the awkwardness that was about to come. "so, i was just wondering, if um," she paused, not really wanting to say the question out loud. but she had to know if they had slept together, so she kept going. "did we, uh, did we like, do anything?" she wouldn't dare look the blue-eyed boy in the eyes, so she looked at her nails and picked the polish nervously.

from his position on the couch, colby smirked at the girl who stumbled over her words. "yeah,"

ady felt like she was going to throw up.

"yeah, we slept in the same bed," colby continued, laughing a bit as he spoke.

ady furrowed her brows, both confused and annoyed. "wait? so nothing happened?"

colby grinned, "i mean, we made out for a while. but you were really drunk and i'm not that guy,"

ady let out a puff of air, suddenly feeling a million times better. "oh. okay."

colby raised an eyebrow, "oh? you sound disappointed."

ady knew colby was just making fun of her, but it was morning, and she was really hungover. "not funny."

colby pushed himself up off the couch, talking as he walked over to the kitchen. "do you want some water?"

ady stood in the same spot, watching as he opened his fridge to grab a bottle of water. "it's alright. i'm actually just about to head out, so.." she trailed off, wishing for what felt like the tenth time that morning, that she wasn't as awkward as she was.

colby looked hurt, but ady couldn't tell if he was joking or not. "i'm not that guy, but i guess you're that girl,"

ady rolled her eyes, taking a few strides towards the door, then paused at the kitchen stools. "you don't know me well enough to make that assumption," ady started. "but thank you."

colby went from fake hurt to a genuine confused quickly. "for what?" he opened his bottle of water and took a drink from it.

ady shrugged, "just for not being that guy."

it was quiet for a few seconds before ady realized colby wasn't going to respond. "anyway, i should be going. maybe i'll see you around?"

ady had her hand on the door and began to open it when colby spoke again.

"um, adalyn?" she paused, holding the door open, but turning around to face the boy. "could i have your number?"

ady was taken aback by his straightforwardness. she wasn't sure if it was because she was caught off guard or because she was just interested in the boy when she spoke next. "oh, uh, sure."

colby handed the girl his phone over the kitchen counter, watching as she typed in her name and number. she handed back the boy's phone, "bye, colby."

and with that, she left the apartment in the same outfit from the night before. she wasn't usually the walk of shame type of girl, but this wasn't necessarily a walk of shame because they didn't actually sleep together. as ady rode the elevator down the main level, colby's remark replayed in her head, "you sound disappointed."

oddly enough, she was. at least somewhat disappointed. the conversation might have been a bit more awkward to have with colby, but part of her didn't really mind that. he was really hot, and she was a little bit disappointed that drunk ady had to go and wreck her chances with him.

ady had ordered an uber to her location, and it was waiting for her when she got downstairs. as she got into the vehicle, she decided to text her group chat and let her roommates know that she was on her way home. her phone was almost always on silent, and because of that, she didn't realize that colby had already texted her.

3 new messages from XXX-XXX-XXXX !

XXX-XXX-XXXX

would you want to come to
a friend's show with me tonight?

oh shit i forgot this is colby btw

i know we just met but i thought
it might be fun or whatever

ady sat in the uber completely silent, shocked at the boy's straightforwardness once again. he was just supposed to be a one night stand, originally, so she should've just let their contact dry out. but technically, they didn't sleep together, and ady decided that she wanted to change that.

ADY 💫

i'm intrigued

keep talking.

THOUGHTS

a twist

pls let me know what u think !!!