9 ♡

3rd pov

"What was he saying? Was he fucking with you again? Are you okay, Travis?" Cooper asked as the boys walked into their first hour.

"I'm okay, I promise. He said he was sorry and even asked if I wanted to chill sometime. Apparently he paints too!" Travis said with a stupid little grin on his face. Although he didn't like Wil very much, he still enjoyed it when people had the same hobbies as him.

"Please don't trust him, he just wants to use you."

"Use me..?"

"Yes, and I can't let that happen."

"Oh.. Thank you for looking out for me, Coopie.."

"Of course, baby."

"What?"

"You heard me. Now let's go sit down," He said as the boys walked over to Travis' desk. Although Travis sat across the room from Cooper, he would still sit by Travis anyways. Usually on the floor by his desk or an empty desk when someone was absent.

"Good morning everyo- Cooper, please get off the floor," The teacher spoke as she walked up to the front of the class. Everytime Cooper sat on the floor they went through this same routine that never changed anything.

"Sorry ma'am. No empty seats."

"Too cool for your own?"

"Yep."

"Well, alright I guess," She said as she drew her attention away from Cooper and went on to talking about the lesson plan for the day. She didn't bother arguing with him about it anymore.

Class went on as the teacher explained a project they'd be starting. Together a classmate and their partner would have to come up with a poster explaining one of the themes of The Crucible.

"Pssst, hey, Trav."

"Yeah?"

"Wanna be my partnerrr?" He spoke, propping himself up and staring up at Travis.

"Sure," He said softly, looking down at Cooper. He didn't really want to do anything with Cooper, but he knew he didn't have much of a choice. It was either him or someone else Travis didn't know.

After the teacher explained the project in further detail and handed out the rubrics, the boys started discussing what their topic would be.

"I think it should be love."

"How does love play a role in the story..?"

"Well think about it; John was willing to give everything up just to save Elizabeth from being killed,"

"But.. He cheated on her? That's why Abigail accused Elizabeth in the first place.." Travis stated simply.

"Well I mean yeah, but he tried to fix everything for her."

"I just don't see that being a valid theme, maybe like.... anything else?"

"Nope, I've decided that's what we're doing. Okay, baby?"

"Fine..." He said, a rosy color perfectly lining his cheeks and the bridge of his nose. The way Cooper made him feel was truthfully indescribable. He loved the boy so much more than he ever wanted to admit.

"Can I come over tonight so we can work on it?"

"Why can't we just work on it here?"

"Because I want to go over and see my favorite boy, duh," He said, slowly intertwining his fingers with Travis'. He genuinely loved Travis, so much more than we wanted to.

His heart broke over and over for the boy. He wished he said yes that night. He regret saying no more than he could've ever imagined.

That night he went home and looked over the drawn picture once again. Then he realized just how much he loved the curly haired boy. He had truly fallen in love. Fallen head first, actually.

"I...I want to see my favorite boy, too."

"Then it's settled. We'll drive home after school."

The rest of the day up until lunch was pretty bleak. Travis went through his day sleepily, just waiting for it to be time to leave.

Travis finished up the first half of his fourth period, and went down to lunch. He got his food and went to sit at the table he always did, containing Carson, Charlie, Ryan, Schlatt, and Nick. Except today there was an unusual guest sitting there as well.

"Wilbur..?" Travis questioned as he sat down next to Carson. Carson couldn't help but give a deadly glare to Wilbur. Wil paid no mind to it though, he only worried about Travis.

"What's up, kid? I missed you," He said, sitting next to Travis and leaning his head on his shoulder. He enjoyed Travis' presence, maybe more than he should've.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry about Cooper this morning.."

"Don't worry about it, angel," He said softly into Travis' ear. Although Travis was overall pretty uncomfortable by the situation, he decided not to say anything.

"The fuck did you just call him?" Spat Cooper from behind the two. Cooper usually skipped half of his fourth period to sit with Travis, and today was one of those days.

"Oh christ, why are you even here? Go to class," Wil spat back. He slid closer to Travis, ignoring the anger present on Cooper's face.

"Why the fuck are you here? Get away from him," He said, walking up behind Wil and Travis.

"C-Coopie... It's okay, he's just being friendly,," Travis said, fear in his eyes. He wasn't scared of Cooper, but what Cooper would do to Wil. Travis wasn't the biggest fan of Wil, but he still didn't want any problems.

"Come on Travis.. It's gonna be okay," Cooper said softly, taking Travis' hand.

Travis didn't say a word. He was relieved. Simply, Cooper made him feel comfortable, Wil did not. He got out of his seat and walked to the art room with Cooper.

He was sure he heard Carson yelling at Wil while he was walking away, but he decided to pay no mind to it.

The two sat down at a couple of the desks near the back of the class, and just held each other for a little bit.

"I love you, Trav."

"I love you too, Coopie.."

-
should i make everything go horrible or good? i think theres been enough grief but who knows