Chapter Thirty-Two | Someone Like You

Someone Like You, by Adele

The train was leaving in less than half an hour. The school year was over and it was finally time to go home. Hermione's bags were packed and she was ready to see her parents for the holiday. She would miss her friends though she could not say that she wasn't relieved to be going home. At least for the holiday she wouldn't have to see Malfoy. At school she had to see him every day and attend classes with him. As if that wasn't bad enough he kept making attempts to talk to her. She knew that sooner or later she was bound to give in and give him the chance to hurt her again.

   So yes, Hermione was glad to be going home. She wanted to forget everything that had happened over the length of the past few months. The entire year had been horrible to say the least, but Hermione was proud of what she'd accomplished. Buckbeak was safe, along with Sirius Black and everything that had gone wrong had been set right. It saddened Hermione to know that Professor Lupin would be resigning as their Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher but it was probably for the best. Hermione sighed.

   It had been an eventful year and Hermione was satisfied with her achievements. She had gotten top grades above all her classmates, aside from Draco, and with the help of the time turner she was able to attend almost double the classes. Above all, she was most proud of the fact that she had denied Malfoy. As much as she wanted nothing more than to run back into his arms, she had denied him. Hermione knew that she didn't have much strength when it came to matters concerning him, but when the time came, she had said her goodbye and for that she was proud.

Hermione stood in the empty dorm, double and triple checking her bags for anything she may have left behind or forgotten to pack. Big trips always made her nervous that she would forget something. Her biggest worry was that she had packed all her books. Especially her textbooks. Hermione had payed for them and intended to contour to make good use of them even if they weren't in her year anymore. Those books held plenty of good information yet and she didn't intend on wasting them. Hermione did wish she had gotten to study that edition of Fantastic Beasts a bit more before she'd returned the book to Malfoy. Especially over the summer. All the information she could have learned. Hermione sighed and shook her head.

   She still had the nagging feeling that she was forgetting something. But seeing as she had made a list of all the things that she had brought and checked it off twice, Hermione knew that she had packed everything she'd come with and was not leaving anything behind. Even if she were forgetting something, if she hadn't noticed by now then it was probably soemthing that she didn't need or could get when she returned next year. So, picking up one end of her trunk, Hermione began down the stairs.

Upon seeing her struggling, Fred and George made their way over to help and and lifted the trunk right out of her hands. "Oh." Hermione said when George lifted the majority of the weight from the other end then Fred came up and took the rest from her hands. "You guys don't have to do that."

"Oh it's no bother Hermy." George started.

"Yeah. Anything for our favorite sister." Fred finished.

   Hermione's brow furrowed until Ginny came up beside her and began to explain. "They're mad at me. Holding a bit of a grudge I can see as well. They do think of you as a sister, but that whole favorite thing was just to jab at me." She snorted. "It wasn't a very good one though!" She called with her hands cupped around her mouth.

Fred sniggered. "Oh that's simply not true."

George nodded. "We love you like a sister, Hermy."

Hermione rolled her eyes and crossed her arms then shifted her weight and gave them a sarcastic look. "I told you not to call me that." She complained.

🎉 You've finished reading Fascination|𝐴 𝐷𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑆𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 (𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛 3, 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔 1) 🎉