Chapter Thirty-One | Amnesia

Amnesia, by Five Seconds Of Summer

Draco waited impatiently on Pike and Crabbe to get Blaise. His nose continued to bleed and throb, causing Draco to feel nauseous, but he was mostly numb to the pain. It was nothing compared the the pain he'd experienced over the past few days. The emptiness and brokenness he'd experienced as she avoided him so adamantly. That kind of pain was indescribable. It wasn't physical pain so he could hardly compare the two but the mental pain was ten times worse. Draco would rather experience a thousand bodily wounds of it meant that he could still be with Hermione. The mental pain was like being stabbed in the heart by a thousand daggers. In comparison, he could hardly even begin to feel sorry for himself about a bloody broken nose.

   The look in her eyes when she pulled her wand on him was agonizing. The pain was evident on her face but the anger was burning within. He could see it in her eyes. She was heartbroken and filled with caged rage. But it wasn't caged any longer. She had let it out today, breaking his nose and his heart in the process. It broke Draco to know that it was his fault she was in this much pain and he had been the one to cause it, or rather, she thought it had been him. It was his fault and there was nothing he could do to fix it or set things right.

It wasn't long before Draco saw Theodore Nott striding down the hall. Upon seeing Draco's bloodied face and miserable state the dark haired Slytherin paused and frowned. "What happened to you?"

"An angry, strong-headed witch is what happened to me."

Theodore attempted to contain a laugh but a small distorted sound escaped his lips. "Yes I heard. Crabbe and Pike are on a frantic goose chase for Blaise."

"I don't need Blaise. You'll do."

"I'm flattered." Theo rolled his eyes. "What was it you needed Blaise for?" He asked innocently as if he didn't know.

Draco motioned to his face. "I couldn't very well allow those goons to try and fix my nose now could I? They're incompetent. My nose would be more crooked than Granger made it."

Theo raised an eyebrow. "Back to calling her Granger are we?"

Draco scowled. "For the time being yes. At least until I can win her back."

"You'll never win her back if you go back to acting like a git."

Draco scowled and insisted that Theodore help him without any more jabs. "Sorry mate but you kinda deserved it." He said pointing to Draco's nose. "I heard what you did. That was a horrible thing to do to her. I should hex you on the spot."

Draco blinked, taken aback. "What?"

"After what you did to Hermione, you deserved whatever you got and honestly she probably should have done a lot worse than she did."

"How did you know?"

Theo's eyes widened. "So it's true?! I mean, I didn't figure Ginny would lie but I don't understand it. How could you do it, mate? I thought you genuinely cared about her."

"I did! I do!" Draco growled. "What's going on between you and Ginny anyways?" He asked feeling slightly protective.

"No! Your not turning this around on me! I asked you why you did it."

"I didn't do it!" Draco felt anger rising in his chest at Theodore's accusation.

Theodore sighed and shook his head. "I need more than that. I need to know what happened. I need an explanation. With details."