Some things that never change

Rohit arrived at Virat's flat early next morning--though he had been at Ritika's brother's house till late last night, he could wake up early because he hadn't seen Virat for a whole day, and couldn't bear it any more than Virat could.

Thinking about what a nice surprise Virat would get when he saw him at 7 in the morning, Rohit barged into the house.

Virat had just woken up (Mahi bhai was still asleep) and he caught sight of his evil best friend.

"What are you doing here?" asked Virat ungraciously.

"Surprised to see me?" asked Rohit.

"Very unpleasantly," said Virat.

"Really?"

Virat glared at Rohit. "Firstly you don't come home for a whole day," he began angrily.

"Bunty had a function--" Rohit tried to justify.

"On top of that you snitch about me to Mahi bhai!" cried Virat.

"Did he scold you a lot?" asked Rohit with misplaced enthusiasm, and quite predictably, Virat exploded.

"Why do you always have to try to get me into trouble, you villain, you know Mahi bhai was going to be awfully angry and you still had to do it!" shouted Virat.

"You were taking drugs, Virat! Mahi bhai deserved to know it!" said Rohit.

Virat snorted. "But you didn't tell him because he deserved to know, did you? You just told him because you want him mad at me!"

Rohit stared to get indignant too. "I don't want him mad at you. I just wanted..."

"What? What did you want?" demanded Virat.

As always Rohit couldn't come up with a reply, and Virat continued yelling at him, "You just can't stay without causing trouble anywhere, I don't know why you do stuff like these, ask Jinks if he doesn't agree with me--ask anyone--"

In spite of the fact that Rohit's eyes were emitting sparks at that moment, he couldn't help thinking about how Virat was shouting at him after ages--and how much he had missed that, too.

Virat realized that abruptly too, and stopped.

Oh God, no. What was he doing? How could he do this again? The very same way how he lost Rohit for so long...

Virat felt so terrified, and all he could do was lowering his voice back to normal and saying pleadingly, "I'm sorry Rohit--I didn't want to hurt you, I was just--"

No outburst of Virat's had ever hurt Rohit worse that the fear in Virat's eyes as he apologized again and again for a trivial thing like this, and at Rohit's stunned and miserable expression, Virat's fear only increased.

"Rohit...please don't be mad at me, I'll not speak like this to you ever again--" said poor Virat, wishing he had a little bit more control over his temper.

"You can shout at me all you like, Vi."

"I promise I--" continued Virat, and then stopped as he registered Rohit's words. "What did you say?"

"I would hate it if you stopped yelling at me," said Rohit, straight from his heart. "Yell at me, please. I mean...please continue."

Virat looked extremely uncomfortable at being asked to yell like that.

"Please yell at me, Vi!" cried Rohit, looking like he would burst into tears if Virat didn't do that, so Virat tried to oblige.

"You're--such an idiot--" he said half-heartedly.

And then both of them were grasping each other's hands and laughing so loudly like Viratee started to scream from upstairs in protest.

Mahi bhai took her up from her cot and rushed downstairs, trying to quieten her.

"What's wrong with you two?" he shouted above Rohit and Virat's roars.

Seeing Viratee shrieking, Rohit stopped laughing at once and told Virat, "Shut up!"

Virat did shut up, and somehow they knew that today's incident had mended their relation completely, and Virat would never be scared to shout at Rohit again, and Rohit would never mind.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapter but I didn't want to dilute Rohirat's ultimate making up incident with anything else.
Need a title as usual, and also, comment!