07 | scarred entertainments

Depuis le début

I find myself in the dining room. I sit down in one of the chairs and lay my head on the table. I almost screech in fear when I hear a noise in my side.

I raise my head and look at Zach sitting next to me. He has a small smile in his face and he looks like he is proud.

Because I made a noise?

I take his appearance in. His brown hair is messy, giving that sexy vibe. His green eyes are twinkling and I realize he is shirtless. I gulp when I see the muscles and I look away hurriedly, hoping he didn't catch.

I hear him chuckle and I suck in a breath when his hand holds my face and his thumb caresses my red cheek. I sniff the air. No alcohol this time.

My eyes almost flutter close at the sensation. My heart skips a beat when his eyes fall to my lips.

Oh boy.

His thumb comes to my bottom lip and he runs his thumb over it. I part my lips. My stomach feels funny.

"There was something in your lips," he explains himself, his voice comes husky. He smirks at my reaction and I pull away, sighing exasperatedly. He stifles a laugh when I glare at him. He got me feeling like a hormonal teen.

I stand up, grab another plate, cut myself a huge slice of the chocolate cake and walk away. I sense his eyes on me the entire time.

Once I am finished with the cake, I walk to my closet and look at the dress Julie and I bought it for me. It's a black full sleeves dress that comes to my knees. It is fitting at the waist and flowy afterwards. Classy yet sexy, like Julie said.

I change into it and let my hair be the way it is. I wear light make-up except for the dark red lipstick. Satisfied with my look, I wear black stiletto heels and walk downstairs.

I feel disappointment settle in me when I don't see Zach around. A part of me wanted him to see me like this, all dolled up. The thoughts scare me, the feelings I had for him were returning.

My phone vibrates signalling that Julie was here.

I walk outside and bite my lips at the shocked expression in Julie's face. I open the passenger door and sit next to her.

"You live with Zachary Kane," she states with eyes as wide as saucers. I giver her a sheepish smile. "I wish you could give me details," she pouts before starting the engine and her car roars to life. We reach the club in no time.

Julie has a red dress on and her hair is braided. She looks beautiful with minimal makeup and her arms and thighs don't even have scars. I force the thought away.

Julie doesn't leave my hand once and I am thankful for that. If I were lost, I would have never been able to contact her and... I don't even want to think about what could happen. It would be like living in the streets all over again. We dance for a while before my phone rings in my purse.

I take it out and my eyes widen when I see it's Zach that's calling me. Does he not realize that I can't speak? There's no point in calling. Huffing, I put it back on my purse and join Julie on the dance floor.

A couple of guys try to hit on us but I think they get the wrong idea that we are lesbians or something. Maybe it was because I wouldn't leave her alone and was constantly attached to her hip. She didn't seem to mind.

After about two hours, we decide to leave. On our way back, Brett calls Julie and they have a small fight. So, unfortunately, Brett wanted a serious relationship and Julie, who had an abusive ex-boyfriend, wasn't ready yet.

And Brett didn't like the idea of her in a club. What an ass, he can't control her like that. They aren't even in a relationship! I felt bad for her.

So, she bawled her eyes out the entire way and I was really scared that she'd end up killing us both because she was the driver. So, I pointed to the ice cream parlour and she understood what I wanted to say. We bought a tub of vanilla ice cream and that thankfully, helped a little. I wish I could give her a long ass lecture.

Exhausted, I sigh when Zach's gate comes to view. Smiling at Julie and wiping her wet cheeks I wave her goodbye and walk inside, hoping she'd reach home alive.

However, I halt in my steps when I see a pissed of Zach at the front door.

I gulp and take a deep breath before walking until I am face to face with him. I look at the enraged green eyes that are darker than ever.

Why is he so angry anyway?

Just because I stay in his house shouldn't mean I have to ask his permission every time I go outside, right?

.

unedited.