Just one dance

Harry Styles knew this situation will come at some point in his life, but never did he expect it to come so soon because as his father has said "it's time for him to settle down". But he doesn't want to! At least, not yet. He's only 25, goddamn it!

When his father told him one peaceful afternoon, that they were arranging a ball for him where they'll be inviting young women from all around the Seas, so that he can dance with them and choose his bride-to-be.

He had gulped down the urge to roll his eyes at his father because honestly, that's so old-fashioned. Who does that nowadays?

And how was he supposed to choose his life partner from just dancing with strangers and making small talks? Marriage has always been Harry's biggest concern. He didn't want to marry someone who he had danced with for 3 straight minutes. And he certainly does not want to marry someone he met only once before the actual marriage.

He would much rather prefer to be with someone he knows very well, and vice versa. Someone who will understand him and listen to him. Who will embrace his every flaw and strange sleeping habits and shower him with affection whenever he needs it. who will protect and love him for him, and not because he's the goddamn prince of the Eastern Caribbean.

But only his family doesn't get it. Don't get him wrong, his parents aren't bad people per se, they've never forced him to do anything against his will. It's just how marriage happens in the Styles family. A tradition to be followed without any complains.

Harry has had a pretty normal life so far. He attended a decent school and University, got his degree three years ago. He has known to be charming, friendly and bubbly, so it had always been easy making friends.

Reason why he didn't think of it as a challenge when his father told him he'd be arranging a ball for him and he'll have to talk to hundreds of ladies and choose one to get married with. Harry felt so wrong. He didn't know why exactly, but he did. He tried to convince his parents and tell them this wasn't necessary as much as he could but in the end, it wasn't enough.

And so, here he was, in the middle of the ball room with probably more girls than he has known his entire life, surrounding him. Some were polite enough to say hello and make small conversations with him, and some were admiring him from afar.

But none of that is really important right now, what was important was his mission to somehow sneak his way to his personal bodyguard and bother him, as usual.

So he does just that. Excusing himself from the sweet girl - Katy? Or was it Kacy? - he makes his way over to the two men who were in the middle of a serious conversation.

Harry couldn't help but notice him, looking absolutely lovely. His Raven locks were neatly combed back, exposing his forehead. He wore a black tuxedo (harry mentally rolled his eyes at that because come on, does this man know any other color?) With shiney black shoes to go with his outfit.

He wore no make-up, unlike harry himself, and still managed to look effortlessly gorgeous. Harry pouted a little at the thought but quickly shook it off.

"Hi." He beamed at them, both seemed to startle a little at his sudden appearance.

"What did you do, Harold?" The king cocked an eyebrow at his son, suspiciously.

"I'm here to borrow Zayn from you," he says, ignoring his father's question.

"Milord?" Zayn grinned.

His father sighed, "Harry we're having a very important conversation right now, son. could you please-"

"-How kind of you. Thank you, Dad." he winked at his father and took Zayn's arm, walking away.