уσυ тнιηк ιт'ѕ єαѕу

уσυ тнιηк ιση'т ωαηт тσ яυη тσ уσυ
──────✧✦✧──────
「11」

Lee Felix

"Darling it's time."

I heard mum knock on the door and sighed. She definitely wouldn't have walked all the way upstairs just to call me, yeah? I ignored her knocks and continued my doodle.

A duck.

Why duck? Because Channie looks like a duck. I may not be a great artist but as long as my mind is on him, I feel at ease. Chan.. I wish we could always spend time with each other. Jolting me out of my pleasant thoughts, mum knocked on the door again, this time harsher.

"Coming, mum!"

I groaned as I put my notepad into the bedside drawer. No way I'd want to get caught drawing a duck with 'Channie' written inside a border of poorly scribbled hearts. I opened the door.

Mum stood before me with a heartless seriousness on her face and in the depths of her cold eyes. I know this look.

"It's a family dinner tonight, Felix." She started, clearly blocking my way out so she could finish speaking. "Tell me the five death rules."

'Death rules' my ass. I inhaled deeply to wipe away my irritation. "Sit with Soyeon. Show intimacy. Behave in front of her parents. Be respectful.."

Mum crossed her arms and waited.

".. Avoid any form of contact with big brother."

Mum smirked in satisfaction once I finished. She moved aside to allow me out and I followed her gesture.

Dinner time was the absolute worst today. Not only because Soyeon was clinging onto my arm as we fake smiled at each other, but because the tension was so awfully thick it suffocated me. I felt breathless. No matter how many times we have dinners like this, I never fail to feel awkward as hell. My neck began to ache from only turning towards Soyeon's direction and not my left. Because he's there. My brother. What does he look like now? Is he the same as he was when we were little kids?

Through my cheerful facade, I noticed mum was way too busy conversing with Soyeon's mother (who wore like ten layers of makeup that I'm sure the fork I was holding could poke into real deep) and dad was being spoken to by Seokjin, the one butler in charge of monitoring me. Trust me, this was a very rare moment. It wasn't everyday at dinner that the silence was broken to this extent.

Despite being incredibly nervous and scared to break a rule, I slowly glanced to my right.

Then we locked eyes.

He was, oh, so beautiful.

Like an angel sculpted in the heavens, his face was perfectly carved

Like an angel sculpted in the heavens, his face was perfectly carved. Blood red, the silk button up shirt he wore was, with the first buttons undone and a lace choker gracefully wrapped around his neck. His lips curled into a smirk.

I felt my cheeks heat up instantly. I immediately looked to my plate of food, my heart racing in my throat. If we're brothers, why am I not as beautiful as him? Why are we kept from each other? Does he hate me?

Painfully, dinner came to an end. I was glad to be free of the tension that drained the air from my lungs. I locked my room door and flopped onto the bed on my back. Food coma really gets to me sometimes..

I glanced at the clock. A hint of happiness ignited in me, which grew into waves of anticipation. Thoughts of a certain boy with tattoos consumed my mind. In a few hours, I get to see him. My Chan.

Can't he be mine?
──────✧✦✧──────