Author's Note

Hello again!

Long time no see. But hopefully not so long that you've forgotten me, and Mills and Keel. 

When I finished Ruler [Blood Magic, Book 3] earlier this year, I said I was going to go away and write Rebels. After all, I'm just no good at writing and posting at the same time, as we all learned with the last book. (Yes, I still feel the need to apologize for that. Maybe I'll be apologizing for that forever.)

Anyways, it's been an interesting year – three floods, four deaths, a wedding, a new puppy, and almost the entirety of a new book under my belt. I've been doing the last big push on it as this year's #Nanowrimo project, and as of this writing (on Nov 27) I've added 46,825 words to the story since November 1st, which means it's almost ready for all of you. And given that I regularly get messages asking about its status, it sounds like you are ready for it.

Now, considering how many times this damned thing has made me cry big ugly tears while writing it, I think you are going to love it. I honestly can't wait to share this story with you, as in a way it's not just a culmination of Keel and Mills' journey, it's a culmination of the last eight – soon to be nine – years of my life.

Now for the inevitable fine print...

The serialization will work a little differently this time around, however, mostly because I have a huge debt to pay to all my Patrons over on Patreon who helped make it possible to write an entire novel in a year (a feat I have not accomplished since my daughter was born; if you'll remember Ruler took me an epic four years to finish!). Given that, chapters will be released to my Patreon (http://www.patreon.com/monicaskuebler) a full month before they'll drop on Wattpad. 

And since I know someone's going to comment below asking for an update on the Bleeder paperback. Here's the latest and greatest: it got delayed due to the aforementioned floods, but it'll also be coming your way in 2020.

That's all the news that fit to print for now. Be sure to add this story to your library, so you won't miss any of the teasers or previews I'll be posting as we draw closer to January 17.

See you soon!

Monica

Toronto, ON

November 2019