P1

Kennedi 💸

Kennedi 💸

I dropped the box onto my new and uncovered mattress. I took a deep breath and placed my hands on my hip tired as hell from keep carryon' these packages. I was overcome with joy when I realized this was the last box. I sat down next to the box and just looked around my empty room taking it all in.

California was way different than Maryland. I was now living with my uncle and aunt, along with one of my best friends, probably my only best friend, my cousin Niyah.

We've always been so close since we were lil' girls. I loved her like a sister, along with my uncle and aunt. Her dad was my daddy's brother.

My dad passed away when I was one, it actually happened here in Cali. That is the true reason my mom packed us up and went to Maryland. It was somewhere new, somewhere my daddy wasn't killed at. I hear stories about how they were deep in love. He just wouldn't get out the streets, it caught up with him I guess.

That's why I promised myself I would never deal with a drug dealer, street nigga, drug pharmaceutical, entrepreneur, whateva the fuck they wanted to call themselves. I wasn't interested. I wouldn't turn out like my mom.

My cousin Ja'Niyah busted through my door making me mean mug her. "Why?" "C'mon get up bitch, we outta here" I stale faced her. "Niyah I haven't even started unpacking my shit" Like damn hoe can I get twenty-fours in before I gotta go out? Niyah rolled her brown eyes. "Girl get the hell up and get your shit and c'mon" before I could utter another word she walked out the room. I hated her.

I decided to change outta these dark blue PINK sweats and into come light blue denim shorts. I slipped back on my black sandals that went with my nude spaghetti strapped tank top. I grabbed my brown shoulder purse that I still seemed to keep up with throughout this bringing in the boxes stage and then my phone. I headed out the bedroom reaching in my bag for my lip gloss.

"I'm ready" Ja'Niyah was on the couch watching some sport shit with her dad. She is the true definition of a daddy's girl. He spoils her to death. It use to make me jealous but I have grown to just appreciate seeing that kind of relationship.

"Damn" He laughed slightly "She pushing you out the house already huh? I scoffed. "Yes of course, you know your daughter" Niyah smacked her lips standing up off the couch pulling at her shorts. "You need to go change dem' short ass shorts Niyah" She waved him off. "Daddy bye. We'll be back later on" Ja'Niyah headed to the door and I followed giggling at her response to him" Betta not be round dem' Crip niggas Ja'Niyah" He called out to her as she closed the front door with an eye roll.

"What 'crip niggas?" She pressed the button unlocking her silver 2017 Jeep Patriot. "He is just hatin' on my honey dip" I knew Ja'Niyah had been dating this one same nigga for a couple years now on and off but we never really went into much detail about him besides his name is Art and he twenty-three.