🧪Chapter 5 ~ Fire the Smoke Signal!🧪

Start from the beginning

[Y/n] smiled softly. "I'm patient. As long as it takes. I...just love being with you." [Y/n] said, and Senku blushed slightly.

"I lo-"

A sudden squeal was heard. Senku and [Y/n] turned to see a brown ball speed towards [Y/n] and splashed in the water.

"Inosuke?!"

"What is the pig doing here?!"

[Y/n] hugged the baby boar.

"He must have been asleep in my bag. I can't believe I've forgotten. I'm sorry. " [Y/n] said, while Senku glared at the water. 'I lost to that pig again!'

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

The next day, it was time to make the powder. Senku chuckled and pulled coal out of his bag.

"We have the three materials we need to make gunpowder." Senku said, and Taiju smiled.

"We have them already?" He asked.

"All we need to do now is mix it. It's time for our happy gunpowder cooking session." Senku said with a little evil smirk.

It was like a real cooking segment with [Y/n] as his assistant. Senku held up one finger and said, "Ingredient number one for gunpowder...Sulfur, which we can get plenty of at this hot spring."

[Y/n] poured the grided sulfur into the bag.

Senku held up two fingers. "Number two...Charcoal. We can get all we need by burning wood."

Senku said while tossing some in the bag.

Senku held up three fingers. "And number three, the last, but most difficult: potassium nitrate. It'll take a hell of a long time to make this stuff, so..."

Senku pulled out a bag that was filled with potassium nitrate.

"Kukuku! I've already made some to save us time!" Senku said, and [Y/n]'s eyes sparkled.

"Incredible!" She cheered while clapping her hands together.

"I feel like I've heard the word 'nitrate' somewhere...Nitric acid! Miracle Water! You got it from the cave?!" Taiju asked.

"You're right for once, simpleton. Ten billion points for you." Senku said while pouring the potassium nitrate into the mixture. "Potassium nitrate, sulfur, and charcoal all go into the mix and a pinch of sugar to give it a little more oomph. This glucose if what I made from grapes." Senku explained while adding the sugar while [Y/n] mixed the ingredients together.

Senku grabbed a nearby log. "Finally, pound it until it's packed solid!" Senku announced. Taiju picked up a large rock.

"Pound it, huh?! Leave the heavy lifting to me!" Taiju yelled, shocking [Y/n], Senku and Yuzuriha.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? You might be strong enough to make it spark and go boom! Like flint!" Yuzuriha panicked.

"Nah, you won't get sparks by hitting stone with stone." Senku said.

"Really?" Yuzuriha questioned, and Taiju tested it.

"Oh, you're right." Taiju said.

"Flint is more than just stone. It needs to have metal in it to make sparks." Senku said, and [Y/n] looked at him in shock then patted his arm.

"Iron pyrite!" [Y/n] shouted one of the compounds in their gunpowder mixture, making Senku realize his mistake.

"Wai-"

But it was too late. Taiju hammered the rock down on the bag, creating sparks. Inosuke squealed and ran while the four friends stared at the bags for a few seconds. Senku picked [Y/n] up bridal style while Taiju scooped Yuzuriha up, and the two men ran out of the way of the blast while being blown away in the process.