Reader's Digest

You didn't even remember to bring your book to the dentist with you. "Stupid stupid me!" You think to yourself, as you walk into the waiting room. At least their coffee table is always stocked with plenty of magazines. You pick up a copy of readers Digest that features an article on cats. This should be good! Yet as soon as you begin looking for the cat article a little girl who doesn't seem much older than two walks up and says "that's madd.???'s seat. That's where she is sitting." "What on earth did this child say?" You think. "Hmm?" You ask. "That's where Maddie was sitting!" The little girl says again. "Oh!" "Well, do i need to move?" The little girl nods, so you scoot over to the next couch cushion. "Is this ok?" You ask. "Yes that is fine" she affirms. Just then your called back for your appointment. Blast! "I'll have to look up the article online" you think as you walk back to the dentist room.

Even though the little kid was cute as can be you have to face a constant truth about yourself. Any type of conversation with someone you don't know is extremely hard for you. When people ask you a question you might know the answer and try to tell them, but you're still so surprised by being asked something your voice won't come out and you always end up squeaking and awkwardly having to clear your throat. And after all of this you're only three seconds in to the conversation. That's why you bring books everywhere. You hope that people won't want to interrupt your reading, usually it works.