002.

CHAPTER TWO
WALK TO HELL

          JASPER AND KATHERINE HAD TAKEN UP A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE A FEW TOWNS OVER FROM MYSTIC FALLS

          JASPER AND KATHERINE HAD TAKEN UP A TEMPORARY RESIDENCE A FEW TOWNS OVER FROM MYSTIC FALLS. Jasper had been trying to get Katherine to leave for a few days, but she refused to go until they talked about what had happened.

     Currently, the two were sitting across from each other in a booth in a small diner called Denny's Diner. Katherine was explaining the current situation of Mystic Falls. She seemed nervous. On edge. As if she were waiting for something bad to happen.

     "So what I gathered is Klaus hasn't been seen since Damon tried to kill him, Stefan saved him and gained his freedom, you practically laughed on his doorstep and I killed his father?" Jasper looked at Katherine with a raised eyebrow. "Sounds normal to me."

     Katherine groaned. "You don't get it, Jas," She exclaimed. "He's been gone for almost a week. He's getting under all our skin– making us paranoid, waiting for the perfect time to strike and it's working okay? Its working."

     "Then why are you still here, Katherine?"

     Katherine looked at Jasper as if he'd grown a second head. Jasper raised an eyebrow asking a silent what. "Are you serious right now?" Katherine asked. "I'm here because the man you've been dreaming of since your mother died is Klaus and you haven't muttered a word about it since you first saw him!" Her voice softened when she noticed Jasper was now staring intently at his plate. "I'm worried about you."

     Jasper was silent for a few moments. Thoughts from the week came surfacing. What was he supposed to say?

     "What am I supposed to say?" He whispered. "It's a sick joke. The one thing that had kept me sane for over five hundred years was just ripped away from me. The man in my dreams is the one whose been hunting my best friend her entire life? If this soulmate thing witches have been feeding me is real then it's a joke. This fate thing covens all over the world have told me about is a joke, Katherine," His voice had grown harsh the more he talked. He inhaled deeply while running his hand through his hair. "I'm at the center of it. I've been made into a fool." He laughed and looked out the window into the parking lot where a small child had fallen and their mother was now cradling them.

     The two sat in silence. Katherine taking in Jaspers words and Jasper marvelling over his feelings. The waiter, Clara, a young blonde no older than seventeen came and refilled their drinks. Jasper shot her a smile that made blood rush to the young girls cheeks and she quickly scurried behind the counter.

     "It doesn't make any sense," Katherine finally said redirecting his attention back to her. "You've never done anything to deserve a doomed fate."

     "I was casted away from my birth coven before I was even born because a witch had visions that I was literally doomed to be evil." Jasper deadpanned.