the unhealthy addiction we don't talk about

I actually find it funny how people had the nerve to put a label on "toxic positivity" and completely ignore toxic generosity. "Toxic positivity" is a negative term for giving inspirational lectures to pessimistic people. Let's talk about toxic generosity.

Prove me wrong. Being addicted to approval and being addicted to making people happy is a harmful way to live. You become selfless to the truest extent of the word as you no longer have a "self". And the worst part? You'll lie to yourself and easily say you're doing the right thing because it makes people happy.

But you're not doing the right thing. In fact, a man who isn't doing right by himself is no good on this planet. We are cancelling the ideology of giving more than we have. Once you give to the point where it makes you unhappy, you are in the wrong. Once the abundance of someone else becomes the deprivation of you, you are doing evil. An injustice. You must realize that justice comes from feeding oneself before starving for others.

Please don't be a prisoner of someone else's happiness. Because your selflessness will be one of, if not the most consistent evils in the world.

Pleasers are prisoners. Egotism is justice. We are the #FreedomFighters