Chapter 4. The first day

((Jeyson's POV))

I stare at my timetable as everyone walks past. The loud sounds of chatter fill the hallway as everyone walks to class.

"Science in Laboratory B… Where the hell is that?" I mutter to myself as I look around wishing for a map.

"This School is like a maze" I sigh and look around hoping to find someone to point me in the right direction

I approach a boy who looks like he knows his way around the school. As I walk closer to him my heart begins to race and I feel a sense of fear shoot through my body. I try to open my mouth to speak but I am paralysed in fear. The boy walks past me giving me a strange look.

"Why am I such a coward?" I say under my breath as I look to the ground and let out a sigh of disappointment.

"Excuse me young man, are you lost?" I feel a cold shiver flow through my spine as I dart my head in an upwards direction to notice a middle aged woman with hair a light shade of brown. She lets out a smile and tilts her head to the side.

"Where are you supposed to be?" The lady asks. She looks at me with her brown eyes as I try to stop myself from shaking.

"U-uhm, I’m meant to be in l-laboratory B" I say looking down at my feet.

"Forgive me for asking, but are you new to the school? It’s just that I’ve never seen you around here before."

"Yeah I am new, it’s my first day today" She looks at me with a pleasant look on her face.

"My Name is Ms Patterson. I'm the school counsellor, and you are?"

"Jeyson. Jeyson Kaylebs" Ms Patterson extends her arm and I grab it and she shakes my hand.

"Well Jeyson, it’s nice to meet you. Now, if you take these stairs and go into the third room on your right, you will be in Laboratory B" She turns around and raises her hand as she walks away

"I hope you have a great day, Jeyson"

I hear a second bell ring which indicates class has now begun. I run up the stairs and enter my classroom. The teacher looks directly at me and smiles.

"Ah just in time Mr Kaylebs. Come here if you will" He says with a cheerful voice. The teacher's hair is a reddish brown and is neatly brushed to the side. His eyes are an unusual purple colour that seems as if he is staring straight into my soul. He is wearing a white lab coat with what I think are his Initials 'R.J'

"Quiet everyone!!" The teacher shouts at the top of his lungs, silencing the entire class.

"This is our new student. His name is Jeyson Kaylebs" Everyone begins to stare at me and I hear a few whispers and giggles.

"Now then, where will you sit? There are a few empty seats" He points to the empty seats then looks at me.

"Mr Johnston! Could Jeyson sit here?!"  I hear a very feminine voice call out; I look around to notice a girl with blond pig tails with her hand up and an eager look on her face with a smile to match.

"Ah yes, Jeyson please go and take a seat next to Rebecca please." Mr Johnston says as he opens his laptop. As I walk towards Rebecca's table, I am stared at from all angles. As I sit in the empty seat the once quiet whispers and giggles become loud talk amongst each other as the teacher marked the roll at his desk.

"Hiya! I'm Rebecca, it's nice to meet you!" The girl says as she grabs my hand, shaking it very violently

"I-i'm Jeyson" I say in pain as Rebecca loosens her grip and i feel the blood rush back into my hand.

"So i guess you'll be sitting here, huh?" Rebecca questions as she holds her head up with her hand, flicking the hair out of her eyes.

"I guess i am..." I stare out the window watching as another class plays soccer out on the wide open soccer field.

I stare at the clock to realise that it is 10:20 am. This class has been going on for more than an hour and all this teacher has done is talk about his family and things irrelevant to class!

The bell rings as Mr Johnston is in the middle of telling us a story about his new puppy named Max. As i walk towards the door i feel a tug on the back of my school shirt. I turn around to see Rebecca holding my shirt with a nervous look on her face.

"Uhm, would you like to sit with me at recess, and maybe i could give you a small tour of our school?"  Rebecca smiles as she looks at the ground while she twirling one of her pigtails.

"uh sure i guess."  I let out a small smile as Rebecca's face lights up with happiness. She grabs my arm and starts to pull me out of the class room.

We walk around the school yard while Rebecca shows me where all my classrooms are. She points towards a large building with paintings on the walls. I stare in awe at the magestic artwork.

"This is the art department. This is where you will go for your next class" Rebecca explains to me as she begins to smile.

We walk inside of the art department and i feel my jaw drop as i stare at the vast and amazing paintings covering the walls.

"These are all paintings done by students at this school" Rebecca says as she moves in closer to me. "Do you want to see my painting?" I Nod my head as she squeals with joy, gripping my arm tight and pulling me along the floor like a rag-doll. Is this girl on steroids or something?!

We come to a stop and she points to an elegant drawing of an ocean with an 18th century ship in the middle. This was by far the most amazing painting in the entire hallway.

"Do you like it?" She questions, staring at me with anticipation. A loud squeal comes from Rebecca as she gives me a massive hug. The hug was so strong i feel like my ribs are going to break.

"I'm so glad you like it!" She giggles, and smiles at me.

"You're really cute, y'know that Jeyson?" My heart stops for an instant as i stare at a blushing Rebecca. I look down at my feet in shock at what i just heard. We stand in silence for a few moments.

"Do you find me attractive Jeyson?" This question makes my head pound as i try to find a way to tell her something i hadn't told anyone at the school.

"Uhm... Rebecca look. You're a really nice girl and all and an amazing artist. But uh..." My heart begins to pound and my hands begin to shake. I feel sweat dripping down my face as i try to speak.

"I-I'm...Gay..." A long, awkward silence fills the halls. I notice tears welling up in Rebecca's eyes as she looks down at the ground.

"Ohh... i'm sorry" She starts crying and runs off outside the art building..

Nice work Jeyson... You made a girl cry on your first day of school...

================================================================================

Uuugh i'm so sorry guys! This chapter is absolutely horrible i know. It's one of those nasty filler chapters and it isn't very exciting. Hopefully the next chapter will be better.

Don't forget to fan,comment vote! <3