Chapter 3. Memories

((Demetri's POV))

"Here we are kids!" The bus driver exclaims as we park at the bus bay. The bus doors open and kids begin to rush out them. Jeyson walks up to the exit and turns around and looks at me.

"Well it was nice meeting you, Demetri" Jeyson shoots me a smile as he walks off the bus. I walk through the school's main entrance with my hands in my pockets and looking at the ground. I've always hated this school. Its the same everyday, jerks bullying poor defenceless teens and the bitches that call themselves "popular" always getting what they want. Ever since 8th grade i knew this school was equal to hell.

**Flash back**

I walk through the corridor with a smile on my face. Its time for my favorite subject, English. I continue walking towards my classroom when a girl walks up to me. Her hair is brown and is put up in a neat bun and her eyes are a light hazel colour.

"Are you Demetri?" She asks with a smirk on her face. I nod my head and smile at her as she hands me a note.

"Lexi wanted me to give this to you" As i take the note from the girl she takes her leave

"Cya round Demetri" She turns around and waves with a smile on her face. I wave back and then look at the note. I open the note and read it. 'Demetri, meet me at the bottom oval. Its important. -Alexis <3'

My heart begins to race as joy begins to build inside of me. I hold back the need to scream as i run towards the bottom oval. I have been  crushing on Alexis since the 5th grade, but she's always shown me that she's not interested. I guess she finally realised that i'm better than most of the jocks at the school. As i approach the oval i notice no one is around. Am i early? Or did i just miss her? Suddenly i hear the laughter of someone i know all too well. Darcy. He walks out from behind a tall oak tree and looks at me with his dark brown eyes and smile that knocks the girls on their arses.

"Hey small fry, what're you doing down here? Shouldn't you be in class right now?" He asks with an intimidating tone in his voice.

"I-i'm meeting someone" I reply while trying to keep my cool. Darcy has been bullying me since i came to high school. There hasn't been a single day he hasn't made my life a living hell.

 "Oh really?" Darcy says with a sly look on his face.

"And who might that be?" He asks walking closer towards me

"None of your business Darcy" I snap at him. I turn around to walk away, but as i begin to walk i hear Darcy snap his fingers together and some boys walk out from behind some trees preventing me from leaving.

"Now tell me, who are you meeting?" Darcy persists as he walks up to me and grabs my shoulders with both of his hands.

"Get your hands off me!'" I scream as i try to pull his hands off me.

"Answer the question and i might think about letting you go" He says with a grin on his face.

"Go to hell Darcy" I say as i try to break free of his iron like grip. I can feel his nails digging into my arm making me hiss in pain and i scrunch my face up as i look at him and shoot him an aggrivated glare.

"What's wrong small fry? Can't take a little pain?" Darcy says to me with a smirk as he pushes me to the ground and jumps ontop of me.

"Get off me!" I shout trying to squirm my way from under his body.

"What are you going to do about it? Cry?" He teases in a mocking voice as he punches me in the face. The force of his punch felt like a steel glove as it pounded against my face. I scream out in pain as i hear a sweet angelic voice call out in the background.

"Darcy stop! I told you specifically not to get violent!" The girl's sweet voice lofts through the air. Its as if angels were singing. Darcy immediately stops pounding into me. I gasp for air as he stands up and turns around to face the girl.

"I was just having a little fun" Darcy says in a calm yet intimidated voice as he scratches his head.

"You call punching the crap out of someone 'Fun'?!" She says as the tone in her voice becomes fierce and intimidating.

"Lighten up Alexis. When did you stop being my girlfriend and turn into my mother?"  I felt  a cold shiver shoot through my body as i heard  what Darcy just said. My body goes as cold as ice as i try to process what i have just heard.

"I told you that you could tell him to back off and that we're dating, not start beating him to a bloody pulp!" Alexis screamed as she slaps Darcy in the face.

Alexis walks over to me and helps me up. Her hands are smooth and delicate and her nails are painted blue. Her hair is as white as snow and her eyes are an ember colour.

"Are you alright Demetri?" She asks with a concerned tone in her voice.

"I-I'll be fine" I say while looking at the ground. My heart begins to beat faster than an african drummer.

"I'm sorry about Darcy, I just wanted him to tell you that we're dating and for you to keep your distance" She says as tears build up in her eyes.

"So.. you didn't write the note to tell me you liked me?" I say very hesitantly.

"Look Demetri..." She says in a quiet nervous voice.

"You're not really my type. You're kind of.. strange." My heart breaks into a million tiny pieces. Tears begin to well up in my eyes and i turn away from her.

"Oh.." I reply as tears begin to fall down my face. Is this what heartbreak really feels like?

"I'm sorry for all of this Demetri. I never wanted it to happen like this." She says as she walks towards Darcy.

As i walk away from the bottom oval i hear Darcy's voice.

"Did you see that? He's crying, awhh what a baby!"

"Shut up Darcy! You're such an asshole!" The sound of Alexis's voice brings more tears to my eyes as i run towards the office.

**End of Flashback**

To this day i am called wimp, weakling, cry baby and pussy. I hide away in the library at recess and lunch and when it comes to class, i sit alone at the back of the room and ignore everyone. I don't have any friends because i am afraid that they will one day betray me just like my love for Alexis did.

I hear the sound of the school bell ring and watch as everyone walks past the library doors. Time for class.. Great

===============================================================================

Good-bye writers block and hello chapter 3! I'm sorry if this chapter is a little sloppy but i am recovering from a massive writers block. Soo, yeah. Let me know what you think :)

I couldn't have finished this chapter without help from the lovely, smart, talented and amazing:

XXCupcakeKittenXX

Check out some of her stories. They're amazing!

And don't forget to Vote, Comment and Fan!! <3