Chapter 2

My first school day went much better than I expected it to. I was much too afraid for school for it to turn out so amazing. I even made one friend named Sloan. I recognized this name to be the Irish word for warrior. I was so happy to see something that made me think of home, in America.

As I walked home from the bus stop on the left side of the street, Grey walked on the right. We lived right next door to each other so we would have to cross one another eventually, but it felt good to keep a distance from him. I didn't want to get too attached.

As I walked,  my sixth sense rung. I've had this sixth sense my whole life and it always told me when something was about to go wrong. I shook it away because normally it over-exaggerated and was just warning me a leaf would fall on my head. Right as I was picturing Grey laughing as multiple leaves cascaded onto me, I heard him yell my name. Right in front of me was a zooming black car. I moved just out of the way right in time before I got smooshed.

"Oh my god Riordan, are you okay?" Grey said as he ran over.

My heart fluttered as I heard his voice, I decided I was going to play hard to get with him.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for the..." I paused. I had no idea how to say rabhadh (warning) in English. Grey cocked his head to the side and looked confused. I was truly surprised he wasn't laughing at me.

"Thanks for telling me." I brought up as soon as I could. I looked down at my feet in embarrassment. I went to look up and we met eye contact. His pupils dilated as I stared into the caramel that was his eyes. His eyes dragged you in and didn't allow you to leave. They were tempting, on so many levels. He broke the eye contact just as we got to our houses.

"Bye Ireland." My knees felt weak from the nickname. I felt like they were going to give out on me. I was able to gain my strength back and darted into the house.

"Hi Athair!" I yelled as I went into our new house. I wasn't going to call it a home just yet, I didn't feel any attachment to it.

"Hi mil. How was sgoil (school)?"

"Oh it was wonderful. I even made one friend, Sloan. Irish, I know!"

"That's wonderful mil. I saw there is a boy next door, have you seen him?"

My heart practically stopped for a second. Did Athair know that I talked to him last night?

"Yeah he goes to my sgoil. I am going to go upstairs and paint a bit, talk to you soon." I ran up the stairs and went into my new room.

Before painting I thought I would put things where they should go. I placed some makeup and a lavender candle on my vanity. I placed my easel in the corner with the window and put a little stool next to it. To get into the painting spirit I always had to do three things. First I had to light my candle, done. Then I had to turn off the lights and put on my fairy lights, done. Then I had to play Celtic Woman. I grabbed my phone and put on their newest album and got ready to paint.

I was about to paint a brown eye when I thought of something else. I stuck one brush in my mouth and the other in my left hand and began to paint.

I painted a fall evening covered by mahogany leaves. The painting reminded me of his eyes, dark but warm. Once I was satisfied with my work I grabbed my school bag and did some work, homework they called it.

When I sat at my desk I noticed a figure sitting by the window just across from mine. I opened my window and threw a pebble at his.

"Hi Riordan."

"Hello.... what were you staring at exactly?"

Hi guys!!!! Okay so I just wanted to remind you once again, this is a chapter I wrote a long time ago. Please continue reading I promise it does get better. How's everyone enjoying it so far? Is anyone starting to like Grey just a little bit more?