・4・

After another long day, it was still pouring rain outside. You and Byakuya had agreed to meet on the steps of the school, shaded from the rain.

You walked down the hallway until you realized you left your jacket in the classroom. You sighed and face palmed before walking back to retrieve it.

The door was locked.

you have GOT to be kidding me.

You just propped against the door before deciding to finally walk down the hallway and outside. It was still cold outside.

HOW CONVIENT.

You shivered and put your arms around your self. Byakuya was there, waiting.

"Hello."

You sighed. "Hi, can we just go now?"

He laughed lightly.

"What's so funny?!"

"You're always so clumsy, forgetting things, getting hurt. It's funny."

"Thanks a lot."

"Would you like a jacket?"

You looked up. Not a good day to wear a t shirt was it?

You nodded.

He took off his blazer, handing it to you. You were blushing as you put it on. "I-uh, don't you need this?"

He shook his head. He was wearing a long sleeve button up under it, maybe he would be okay.

You thought you noticed him blushing a little bit.

probably just a hallucination.

You entered the limo.

"Why have you been so nice to me lately?" you broke the silence.

"We did use to be friends you know."

You looked away. You hated to admit it, but he wasn't wrong. You didn't want to talk to him anymore after he moved. He couldn't care enough to contact you, so you ignored him. Now you felt... bad about it.

There was an uncomfortable silence that followed until you said "Thanks for lending me this." you tugged on his blazer that was still on you.

He smiled and nodded.

You felt butterflies in your stomach when he smiled. You never really saw him smile.

what is happening to me?

You got out of the limo, not falling and scraping your knee this time. There was a fresh scab over it thankfully.

You walked in at what would be considered an uncovenient moment. Aoi was sitting at a table, eating a slice of pizza. She spotted you and smiled and waved.

Thankfully, you don't think she noticed Byakuya's blazer on you.

Nope, never mind. She totally did.

"Is that Togami's blazer?" she questioned.

You blushed and nodded. Byakuya walked away to go order pizza.

You explained to her how you left your jacket in the classroom and how it was locked.

"I ship it." she whispered.

You playfully hit her on the arm. "Quit!" you whispered. She smiled and waved you off to let you go on your "date" as she called it with Byakuya. You gave her another playful push before walking away.

You walked back up to Byakuya. He ordered two slices of pepperoni pizza and two waters.

You handed his blazer back.

"Thanks."

You nodded.

"At least let me pay? You've been so nice lately."

He shook his head. "No."

You sighed. "Fine."

You grabbed the ten dollar bill that had been stuffed in the pocket of your leggings. (yes, pocketed leggings exist) and handed it to the cashier.

You smiled at him while the cashier returned your change.

He looked bewildered. "Excuse me?"

You just smiled and retrieved your slices from the tray on the counter.

He shook his head and smiled. "I'm going to have to pay you back for that." he said.

Meanwhile, Aoi was watching you two from the middle of the dining area. She was 100% going to tell Sayaka and Chihiro about this.

"Wanna go sit with Aoi? You could come meet one of my friends." you said.

He begrudgingly accepted.

You came and sat by Aoi, finishing your pizza quickly. You didn't realize how hungry you actually were. You sipped on your water while making casual conversation with Aoi and Byakuya.

You waved Aoi bye and left with Byakuya. The sun had magically come back out and it was humid from raining so much.

"Would you like me to walk you home?" Byakuya asked.

You hesitated before nodding. You both walked peacefully down the street before reaching your house. It was a nice house, two story and decorated for Halloween.

He led you to the door. "Thanks for letting me borrow your blazer and taking me to go get pizza and all that."

He smiled and waved you goodbye.

"Hey, hold up. I heard Sayaka was throwing a Halloween party. Are you going to come?" you asked, hopeful.

"Maybe." he replied.

You just smiled and waved him goodbye too.

You walked up the stairs into your house. Your mom greeted you.

"Is that Byakuya Togami? Didn't you two use to be friends?" she asked.

You nodded.

"He took me to get pizza."

Then you started to ramble on about your new friends and what's happened lately.

"That's nice. I'm glad you're having a good time." your mom replied.

You walked up the stairs and into your bedroom. You flopped on your bed.

maybe if i can get a good costume, i can convince byakuya to come with me.

You started looking up costumes. Halloween was only a couple weeks away, so it was kind of urgent.

You found a pretty good costume that would arrive in time. A bat.

It had a black dress that reached down to your knees with a black jacket that had bat wings  and webbed see through leggings. It had boots and a headband. It was cute.

Maybe cute enough to convince him to go?

----------
928 words.
gonna have to have braces for a little under 2 years. ew.
doing a lock in and secret santa with my dance team in like 2 weeks, super excited. i got my bsf :)
-cait