chapter eleven

"Woah. I had no idea, I'm so sorry Y/N." Daniel said, taking another sip of his drink. "It's not your fault. I didn't exactly want to talk about it." you pointed out, stealing a few of his fries. It had been two days since you and Jonah's kiss and you asked Daniel to get lunch with you so you could explain the situation. Zach and Jack found out through Corbyn, who you told after your cry session in the shower went long enough to be concerning. "I'm surprised you didn't pick up on it. We haven't said more than a sentence to each other since. He doesn't even sleep in his room anymore." you explained. It was true, Jonah has been taking the couch or using the air mattress in Jack and Zach's room. Daniel sighed and stirred his drink with his straw. "What are you gonna do?" he asked and you shrugged, "Honestly, I have no clue. The only hope I have left to hold onto is knowing we'll only have to share a room for 5 more days." At the end of your sentence, Daniel's eyes lit up. You looked at him skeptically, afraid of whatever idea was brewing in his head. "Why don't we switch?" he said enthusiastically and you raised an eyebrow. "Like, switch rooms?" "Yeah, you can share with Corbyn and I'll share with Jonah. Then hopefully by the end of the European leg, you and Jonah will be good again and we can switch back." You were hesitant to switch rooms, it felt like it only made the situation real and in turn, more hurtful. Despite that, you also thought it could be for the best for right now. "If Corbyn's cool with it, so am I." you agreed and Daniel smiled, proud of his idea. He pulled out his phone and texted Corbyn while you asked the waitress for the check.

Corbyn said yes, happy to share a room with you for the time being. You, Daniel and Corbyn began moving your stuff out of Jonah's room and replacing it with Daniel's. You hung your clothes up and sat on the bed to take a break. You opened your phone, hoping to see some kind of notification from Jonah but there was nothing. You were insanely mad at him and didn't want to talk to him, but you couldn't deny that you missed him like crazy. "I think that's everything." you heard Daniel say from across the hall and you got up. "Did either of you tell Jonah?" you asked and they both looked at each other. "I thought you did." Daniel said to Corbyn and he shook his head, "No, you were going to." You looked between them and rolled your eyes. Idiots. Once you started sharing a room with Corbyn, you spent a lot more time together. When he was home, you'd watch movies or pick out outfits for each other. Jonah didn't really seem to mind once he found out about the switch, but he paid a lot of attention to you and the rest of the boys. You caught him staring, a lot, and he would go quiet when your name was mentioned in the group. You thought it was stupid and it only pissed you off more. Jonah had no room to feel anything other than guilty when it came to you, but all he let show was anger.

There were two nights left until the start 8 Letters Tour Europe, and you found yourself wide awake at 2 a.m. You tossed and turned, unable to get Jonah off your mind. You missed him. You missed falling asleep next to him, you missed hearing his laugh, you missed stealing his clothes and him telling you to keep them. The one thing you were trying to keep from tearing you and your best friend apart had done just that. You blamed him mostly, for making a move and then walking away, but you also blamed yourself. You shouldn't have gone out there and said what you said. You could have avoided this. Those thoughts spread through your mind like wildfire until you'd had enough and decided to make yourself some tea and hang out in the living room. You stepped down the stairs and turned on a light, heating up some water. As you were watching the time pass on the microwave a voice made you jump. "I thought I heard someone." Jonah said in a flat but raspy tone. You flinched and turned to him, looking him up and down. You turned back to take your cup of water out and put the tea bag in, swirling it around. "Yeah, couldn't sleep." you said dryly and sat on the couch. Jonah silently opened the fridge and rummaged around. You were hoping he'd grab a snack or something and go back to his room, but he didn't. "So you really had to move out?" he asked and you scoffed. "Yeah, I did Jonah, What did you want me to do after TJ's? Pretend like everything was fine and sleep next to you every night?" you sassed, causing Jonah to huff. "You've been spending a lot of time with Corbyn recently." he said and you turned around to face him. "Stop. He's been a good friend to me, unlike some people. He's like a brother to me. Unless it's an apology, from now on just mind your business." you snapped and Jonah immediately regretted saying it. He stood there unsure of how to respond so you took your tea and headed for the stairs. "Wait, Y/N-" "Go to bed Jonah." you said, closing the bedroom door behind you. You waited, back against the door until you heard the click of his door close. You let out a sigh and laid back down, forcing your eyes closed. Was he serious? Jealous, of Corbyn? You tried to think of other things as you drifted off to sleep. One more night. You only needed to get through one more night.