[ten - big brother]

Start from the beginning

chuuya deadpanned, eyes shadowing.
"dammit. i'm going to punch you if you start rambling about suicide now. anyways...i rarely have tea so i guess it doesn't taste bad."

dazai giggled before drinking more. just like that, the silence came back. not knowing what to talk about. but of course, there were plenty of topics to bring up that could lead to a nice conversation. it never crossed their minds though...not one. chuuya thought of something embarrassing to ask. he set down his cup of tea and averted his gaze to the delicious liquid, thinking of his question would make dazai laugh and make fun of him.

he could handle the tease, he wouldn't hesitate to kick him to shut him up but it felt weird to bring it up.

"hey uhm...dazai.....do you have a crush on anyone?"

immediately, dazai choked on his tea, spilling some on the table as his brown eyes widen.
"huh?! you do?" chuuya shockingly exclaimed. "no!no!no! i just wasn't expecting a private question come out of you chuuya!" dazai frantically answered. he cleaned his mouth with a napkin before setting back at mr. fancy hat.

"what about you? do you have a crush, chuuyaaa~?"

a small blush shaded chuuya's pale cheeks, looking away with a frown. "y-yeah..."
dazai's face lit up in the slightest face. he was almost glad that chuuya answered honestly. now he has a chance to blackmail chuuya if he was careful. "who is it?"

"you can't tell anyone!"

dazai leaned back on the sofa chair, playfully scoffing and gesturing a hand up. "come on, who do you think i am? of course i won't. is she from the port mafia?"

"actaully, no. she's someone you know and probably talk to freely..."

dazai blinked, lips quivering to keep his smile. he felt himself wanting to frown from the man's hint. "really? that's nice!" he laughed it off and drank his tea.

"it can't be l/n, right?"

"believe it or not, kouyo and higuchi gave me some advice on how to approach a girl you like. those two are quite a handful to ask advice for...especially higuchi." chuuya groaned, closing his eyes in distraction.
dazai gaped.

"hm. i should ask him what they told him. it could help me with l/n!"

"well, there is someone i like..."

chuuya perked up. "hah?! you?! who?!" he rhymed. dazai giggled, averting his eyes away to hide his growing embarrassment.  "she works at the armed detective agency with me. the last time i could really hang out with her was when me and the others smothered l/n with s-"

chuuya choked on his sweet tasting tea. spilling it in the process. "smothering l/n? pfft." chuuya sarcastically laughed to hide his slight jealousy.

"l/n...didn't expect that name to come out of his filthy mouth."

"what was that all about? was he reacting to hearing l/n?!"

chuuya and dazai both cleaned up their own spills noticing it left a visible mess of tea on the dark table. their faces holding suspicion to one another.

"could it be that chuuya's/ dazai's crush is...
l/n?!"

little did the guys know that the woman of their dreams was sitting right near them.
y/n slouched on her seat, face annoyingly tired.

"what's wrong, l/n? you look sick." kunikida asked, looking up from his notebook. it was their small break so they decided to spent it together for some rare tea not even the ada's cafe had.