Chapter 16-Back Together Again

We sat together, Ava and I on one side, Dad and Pop on the other. We were meeting them at our favorite place to discuss not just the wedding that was this weekend but to just talk and catch up. I had to finally hand over the tuxes I made for Dad and Pop. When I was younger, Tommy was considered a part of our family. Though he never liked sticking around, we called him family when he had none. It meant a lot that he wanted all of us there.

"Bumblebee! Pumpkin!" Dad said with a smile, "It's so good to see you two again, and Bumblebee, thank you so much for making these for us!"

"Of course Dad!" I said with a kind smile, "It's been a while since Tommy and us all got together in one place. I want this to be special. Especially since... he's... getting married..." My father dimmed with sadness as I thought about when he told me the big news. He was so happy, he even gave up the fight club. I did that day too. I couldn't fight there anymore knowing that Panther wouldn't be across the hall or helping me make up the huge title rival matches. Tommy made that place special for me. With him gone, it turned into nothing.

"So, Ava how was the planning with Lance and Jeffory?" Pop asked.

"It was great!" Ava said, "They're actually having their wedding, really soon... I think sometime next week or the week after."

"25th," I added in, "Nine days. It'll be 15 years since they met that day."

"Wow, that's, really close," Pop said.

"Yeah, but they've got everything planned, down to the last knot on their honeymoon cruise," Ava said with a smile.

"All this talk about weddings and love," Pop pointed out, "So, which of the guys are you taking with you?" Ava and I spit out our water at the same time, all over Dad.

"W-What?" Ava coughed out.

"None of them!" I shouted.

"I call bull!" Pop shouted, "Ava I bet you're going with Noi, Tris you should so go with Rhys!" My face flushed. M-Me??? With Rhys??? That's basically insane. Right?

"What your Father is trying to say is," Dad tried to correct, "Maybe it's the right time for you two... actually try to go on a date?"

"Nope," I said and took another sip of my water, "Dates aren't my thing."

"Same," Ava said and we fist pumped.

"You two have to bring dates to a wedding!" Pop yelled, "It's a wedding, don't make me find you two dates!"

"If I agree, will you stop talking about love?" I said and leaned back.

"Deal!" Pop said.

"But how do we even know which guy would be right for us?" Ava asked.

"Simple!" Pop began, "Trust try to imagine what it would be like if they watched your favorite movie scene with you for the hundredth time!" I nodded. Ava agreed, and that was most of it. We chatted and that was it. I told them I pushed the showing back to review my designs until after Tommy's wedding, and it ended up going great. And Ava told more about her trip, after that we parted ways again. Ava and I returning home.

Us? With one of the Damos? PFT! That's a laugh!

"I'm gonna get some rest," Ava said as we walked inside, "Think about what Dad and Pop said. You should too." I nodded and followed her inside. Stopping in the hall as she went into her room.

"Huh?" I said as I came into the kitchen, "You're cooking?" Yes! Rhys cooking! I know!

"Oh!" He said with a bright smile, "Princess Tristi-I mean Tris! Yes, I am coo-oking. I had a conversation with Mrs. Oats about the nature of food here on E-Arth." He took a breath and thought for a moment, then seemed, nervous. "AND! I just wanted to study coo-oking more!" He did a nervous chuckle.

"Wow Rhys," I smiled, "That's awesome!"

"Thank you," He said kindly.

R-Rhys... H-He's nice... and super smart. But, he asks questions a lot too and is fascinated with almost everything. If I had to watch my favorite part with him, I'd get up and dance as I always do. He probably would join, but always step on my toes. Heh.

"Prisoner!" Asch shouted, shaking me from my thoughts. I looked up to see him near me.

"Ugh," I said and rolled my eyes, "Ava's asleep lover boy."

"I wasn't-I-uh-n-no!" He stuttered with blush. Yeah right. Not even on my mind! He's for my sister! I put my hand up and walked right by him. I walked right over to my design room, and just before I could enter.

"Why hello there Princess," Lief said from behind me. He just-POOFED! WHY DOES HE KEEP POOFING!? "I just wanted to give you this." He handed me a heart-shaped box of chocolates... Okay...? Weird... Even for Lief.

"T-Thanks," I said with a bit of blush on my cheeks. What was happening!?!?!? What is with these guys today.

Wait, Lief... Again, I'd dance, but, he always tries to seem so calm with me... Does he even know how to dance? He'd probably take out his weapons and dance with them instead of me. Or he'd try to kill dancing.

"Oh, my word," I laughed in the hall at my own thoughts. How do you even kill dancing? I turned and headed towards the couch instead of my design room, Noi sitting there with flowers. "She's in her room. Sleeping." He nodded and went in there anyway. Okay, Noi and Asch are off-limits. Good. I can't exactly handle sweet and innocent anyways.

Pierce sat on the couch petting Johnny as he purred. He loved being pet. I might not like cats, but Johnny is special. To Ava, and myself.

"Any idea what's going on?" I asked as I sat next to Pierce.

"No," He said, not even looking at me. I let out a sigh and leaned back a bit. Until I felt Pierce's hand, petting me...? What???

"Huh?" I asked and looked up at him.

"You and Ava seem to enjoy when I do this," Pierce pointed out.

"Heh, thank you," I said and blushed a bit. Pierce... he's... Pierce. Quiet, but definitely not shy about it. He would dance, but I'd have to make him at first, and then he might get into it, or he might not even like it. He's just, so quiet, and... he always seems tense.

"What are you doing Pierce?" Asch demanded.

"Comforting Princess Tris," He responded.

"Hey, that's my job!" Lief shouted. We all looked at him, and all I could do was blush. He had done that. Once. So I wouldn't call it his job.

"That's enough!" I yelled and stood, "Why are you guys acting so weird?" All of their faces flushed.

"Forgive us," Rhys said, "We had just heard of this wedding and were trying to see who you would choose to bring with you."

"You know Ava's going to right?" I asked and sat back down in a slump, "You guys just... better me than her I guess." I let out a sigh and closed my eyes. "I already have my choice, and I think Ava does too. So there's no changing our minds about it." I felt Pierce's hand brushing along my hair. He was petting me again, and I honestly didn't mind.

I turned, leaned against his chest and shoulder, and fell asleep. Knowing I had my choice made. And Ava had hers.

Hopefully.

(Wedding Chapter will be posted tomorrow! Votes are welcomed till then!)