𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

Start from the beginning

Steve quickly scanned the room to see all the eyes of the party staring intently at him—just waiting for him to read and decode it.

The tension in the room was thick ; the feelings were buzzing.

Steve looked down nervously at the note and was about to read it before a loud knock was heard through the front door.

Steve froze in his stance before he exchanged paranoid looks with Robin with fear flashing before his eyes ; both their eyes widened.
  'The Russians..' Steve mouthed to her before Mike walked right past the two foolish looking teens to answer and open the front door.

"Wait!"
Steve called out in an attempt to stop him from getting kidnapped by lunatic Russians, but it was too late.

The room went still as the group only waited and watched the figure's shadow at the door grab Mike's hand.

But it seemed that Mike wasn't at all worried or in a state of panic. He was actually..smiling.

His hand didn't seem to be in the tight clutches of a crazed Russian.
It seemed that it was engaged in a handshake that turned into a bro-hug.

It was then that Mike opened the door entirely to reveal who was standing there.

"Hargrove's here."
Mike announced, patting Billy's back as he closed the door behind him.

"Hey."
Billy shot a subtle nod towards the party with a small, thin-lipped smile—a genuine smile.

He respected this group of kids, and along with the rest of the group, they were probably the only ones to receive that level that of said respect that he rarely gave out to anyone.

Everyone seemed to greet him with smiles and hellos, which astounded Steve to the greatest extent.

The respect was mutual. Billy risked his life to save the kids, and they respected him for that as he did for them.

"What the hell is he doing here?"
Robin exclaimed, her eye brows furrowed at the confusion at everyone's reactions to the visitor.

"I called him."
Mike stayed simply over all the commotion of everyone trying to catch Billy up on the situation at hand.

"I'm sorry, but when did this happen?"
Steve yelled over the group, gesturing between Bill and Mike as well as the party that practically surrounded Billy with their conversations.

Steve was referring to what seemed to be a bond between Billy and Mike—a similar bond the bond that Steve had with Dustin.

Steve hadn't been around all that often with the party—partly due to his job and how they all seemed to be growing up.
  But Billy formed friendships with the party, particularly Mike who seemed to get along with Billy and his sarcasm.
Billy seemed to be there for Mike, and if he was there for Mike, then he was there for the whole party.

Over the phone, Mike told him about the possibility of Y/N being alive, and that was all he needed to hear before he jumped into his Camaro and sped to the Wheeler House.

Come to think of it, Y/N was very close with all the older teens apart of the babysitter's club, so Billy cared for her like he did for Max.