Chapter VIII: Land of Waves

The scene opens with you and the others on a boat headed to the Hidden Mist. Kakashi looked at you.

Kakashi: So, (Y/N). What's your connection to the Hidden Mist?

Tazuna answered for you.

Tazuna: He came here when the Uchiha staged their coup, but was called back to the Leaf when the Uchiha were killed.

You nodded.

(Y/N): Yeah, after that, I went into hiding for a bit, and lo and behold, here I am.

Sakura turned to you.

Sakura: You mentioned a man named Kaiza. Who was he?

You sighed and closed your eyes.

(Y/N): Kaiza was a fisherman who came to the Hidden Mist. He had done so much for the village, people praised him as a hero. However, a businessman by the name of Gato didn't like the idea of giving people hope, so he personally saw to Kaiza's execution. I would have been able to save him, but....

Shisui finished your sentence.

Shisui: You were called back to the Leaf and forced to go into hiding.

You nodded.

(Y/N): The person who looked up to Kaiza the most was Inari, Tazuna's grandson. According to Tazuna, he hasn't been the same since Kaiza's death. He probably hates me now....

Sakura patted your back.

Sakura: I'm sure he'll understand that you had no choice, (Y/N). Besides, you looked like an infant. I don't think Inari thought you could've done anything.

You looked up at the sky as rain began to fall.

(Y/N): Hey, Tazuna. The current Mizukage is Mei Terumi, right?

Tazuna nodded.

Tazuna: Yeah, why? Hold up, wasn't she-?

You nodded, finishing his thought.

(Y/N): Yup, it may seem weird, but not so with the curse.

Everyone looked confused before Tazuna filled in the blanks.

Tazuna: (Y/N) here, along with his brother, is cursed to not age, but they're a lot older than you think. And with the curse, (Y/N) can change his appearance, or at least how old he looks with the curse. Though it looks like he's gone with a child look. You should've seen him when he arrived at the Hidden Mist, he had looked like an infant!

Naruto looked at you, bewildered.

Naruto: Woah! (Y/N), you can completely change your identity?!

Sakura looked at you.

Sakura: So how old would you and Shisui be without the curse?

Sasuke answered for you.

Sasuke: Shisui would be 119, (Y/N) would be 118.

Everyone, even Kakashi, looked very shocked.

Naruto: WHAT?! Aw, that's so cool!

Kakashi: More importantly, what was Tazuna talking about when he mentioned the Mizukage?

You blushed a deep red.

(Y/N): The Mizukage was my former lover....

Everyone was even more shocked.

Shisui: Wait, what?! Then why do you still have the curse?

You shook your head.

(Y/N): It wasn't true love. The curse takes time and a wedding to be undone. Before Mei and I could get married, I was called back to Leaf. And as long as we're asking questions, Sasuke, why were you so shocked to see me and Shisui? We're on the same team.