Chapter III: Glimpse of True Power

You walked towards the training ground with your hands in your pockets when you bumped into Hinata.

Hinata: Oh, (Y/N)! Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going.

You nodded.

(Y/N): It's fine. I was just on my way to the training ground.

Hinata looked at you curiously.

Hinata: Training ground? You still needed to do that?

You nodded.

(Y/N): Yeah, my team started later than most. I should go. I don't want to be late.

Hinata smiled at you.

Hinata: Bye, (Y/N).

You waved goodbye.

(Y/N): Later, Hinata.

You headed to the training ground, to find Sasuke, Sakura, and Naruto already there. Naruto, who smelled like food, spoke up.

Naruto: What took you?

You looked back at the path of the village.

(Y/N): I just had to take care of something. Is Kakashi-sensei here?

Naruto shook his head.

Naruto: No, he's not here yet.

(Y/N): Hm. And now we play the waiting game.

Naruto groaned.

Naruto: I never liked that game.

You chuckled.

(Y/N): I was never really good at it, either.

After what seemed like hours, Kakashi showed up.

Kakashi: Sorry I'm late, everyone. A black cat crossed my path.

Naruto sighed.

Naruto: So, what are we going to do?

Kakashi then took out three bells.

Kakashi: Your job is to get one of these bells for each of you.

Sakura looked confused.

Sakura: For each of us? There are four of us and three bells. What does that mean?

You rolled your eyes.

(Y/N): Oh, look at that. Sakura doesn't know any better. What are the odds?

Sakura glared at you.

Sakura: Shut up!

She tried to throw a punch, but you activated your Kamui, and she went right through you.
(For those that don't know how it works, Kamui's ability changes depending on the eye you use. If you use left, you can force anything or anyone to a pocket dimension so you can eject it later. The right puts yourself in the dimension, making you intangible and able to teleport.)

Sakura: What?! What was that?!

(Y/N): You'll find out when you're older.....or smarter.

Sakura growled, whereas Sasuke's eyes widened.

Sasuke's Mind: No way! That was the Kamui! But in order to use that, one must have the Sharingan! How did (Y/N) unlock the Sharingan in such a short time?!

Unbeknownst to him, you used your Rinnegan's Human Path ability to read his mind.

Your thoughts: Heh, you want answers, Sasuke? I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.

Kakashi cleared his throat.

Kakashi: Remember, Sakura.
(Y/N) already graduated. So he doesn't need a bell. So that means I don't need one either.

Kakashi gave you one of his bells.

Kakashi: Now, get the bells by any means necessary. Whoever doesn't will go back to the Academy.

Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke split up into the woods as you looked at Kakashi.

(Y/N): So...about that intangibility.....

Kakashi nodded.

Kakashi: I know that was Kamui. You have much potential, adopted son of Madara Uchiha.