Hayakawa tottered back over to his usual position, greeting the girl with a bright, cheery disposition, as he did with everyone, and asking what she would like. 
"Iced coffee, please, Mister." Her voice was incredibly quiet, and I exhaled, switching my attention back down to the purring ball of fluff in my lap. She was definitely my favourite, though Sushi II always got jealous when she could smell another cat on me whenever I returned home. 

"Here you go, young lady! An iced t-" The elder man's voice cut right off, and I paused, waiting for him to continue.
"Thanks. I owe you one, Mister." There was that soft voice again, followed by the scraping of metal against wood. Snapping my head up, I caught sight of the woman stepping out the door. Turning to Hayakawa, I felt bad as I jumped out of my seat, causing Tomomi to tumble to the floor with a disgruntled yowl. It was as though he was frozen in time, and it was then that I realised exactly who that woman had been.

No way...There's no possible way...

I was out the door in a flash, and I could see the young woman sprinting down the street, cup in one hand, and her other balled tight, covering something else. She knew I was on her tail, and she did the obvious. With a skid, she ducked into one of the many side streets, trying to lose me.

She was always so predictable...but it really can't be...

That was no way to shake me. I had been in the game for half of my life, and I knew exactly what to expect. Following her through the side street, we came out the other side in a culdesac, darting across the road one after the other into a small park, fitted with swings and slides and monkey bars. That was where she slowed to a halt, turning and reaching up to her hood.
"Good job, but better luck next time!"

My reflexes were better than they had been all those years ago. Before she could look me in the eyes, I had extended my capture weapon, wrapping it around the top half of her face to block out her quirk. I could have used my erasure just as easily, but this way she couldn't make a break for it.
"You're fast." I pointed out the obvious, starting to walk towards her, but keeping a firm grip on my scarf.

"Well, I gotta be with heroes like you chasing after me!" She snorted, completely unphased by being caught. Now that she was speaking at a regular volume, I had no doubt in my mind. This was exactly who I thought it was.
"Running was completely illogical. Don't you know who I am?" Why did my voice take on such a teasing tone? It was involuntary, and I wasn't sure where it had come from.

Her body seemed to stiffen after I had spoken. Tilting her head to the side, her hood shifted against the back of her neck, bunching slightly.
"Shota..?" My scarf stayed wrapped around her eyes as I came to a stop, though my grip had somewhat laxed.
"(Y/N)..." She had definitely grown up since I had last seen her. Physically, at least. Her (H/C) hair looked a little different; a new style perhaps, and her body was no longer that of a brat barely in her teens.

Where the hell have you been all this time..?

"Wow, I didn't even see you in there. Still as dark and edgy as old times? Y'know, I once imaged you going through a whole pastel twink phase, and it was hilarious!" The one thing that hadn't changed was her sense of humour. Raking a hand through my hair, I sighed, trying to figure out what steps to take next. She had committed a crime, so the logical point of action would be taking her into custody, but when had I ever followed the rules when it came to her?

No...I barely know her. I have to do my job...

"Come on. I'm taking you to the station." I announced, giving her a slight tug, which she didn't seem to appreciate very much. Her lips puckered into a pout, and even in the faint glow of the street lamps I could see the sweat beginning to bead on her (S/C) skin.
"Haha...funny...Could you maybe take this thing off now? It's cutting off my brain juices." (Y/N) tossed the takeaway cup to the ground, using her newly freed hand to knock against the side of her head.