Short story 2 👔 - I hate my Boss

My boss is Tin Medthanan

My boss is Tin Medthanan. Yes, you heard it right. The famous business tycoon. The man with no heart for whom his work is his passion and money and power gives him the ultimate high. No one in their proper mental state would come in his way. For him status was everything. Those who didn't have money had no dignity in his eyes. They were labeled as low class manipulative cunning people who wanted to cheat the rich and had no standard to live the rich life even if they were given that kind of money.

I was non existent till that unfateful day when I bumped into my boss while running to get the elevator as I was getting late and spilled the coffee right into his white shirt.

I said sorry and ran away from his sight right into the elevator without looking back at the mess I had created even once. I was wearing a hoodie with the cap and the specs of course. I knew who he was but there was no chance he would find out who I was if I disappeared quickly I thought.

I discarded the hoodie and spectacles I was wearing into the back pack and exited the lift satisfied I had fooled all the cameras installed in the building and happy to have saved my job. I also dogged the camera in the lift.

I punched in on time and rushed into my department swearing myself to keep as much low profile as possible to avoid any attention towards me.

I was sure my boss would not notice me. I was just a regular employee in the design section. I had a superior who used to look into all our work. Even if I created something good it would always go as a work done by the department and I was very sure that none of us got mentioned. It was the department head Harry who got all the praise. At least that's what I thought.

So, let me introduce myself. I am Can Kirakorn. I lived a very simple life with my grandmother. My parents died when I was small and my grandparents raised me to this fine well educated person I am today. My grandparents never compromised on my studies. Though we lived a very simple life there was always happiness even in the struggle as we were there for each other.

My grandfather died some years ago and so now it was just grandmother and me.

Getting this job in one of the most famous architect firm "The Medthanan Architects Co. Ltd." was a dream come true. My colleagues were nice to work with and there was so much practical experience I had gained during my one year probation period. I had been regularised just two months back. The pay was one of the best in the industry.

The day went peacefully till after lunch break when I was called by Harry to his cabin. "How are you Can. Please take a seat. Now as per company rules the best and well deserved employee gets to work directly under the boss on recommendation of the department head. Your probation period is over so I had suggested your name for the opportunity. Its been more than a month since I sent the recommendation letter. I had assumed that they had chosen someone else, till to my surprise I received an email today morning informing me that you have been chosen for the said post and that you have to join tomorrow itself.