I don't think I can do this anymore

Sitting on the floor of your bedroom you clutched your glass of wine to your chest. An hour ago you had entered in with the bottle after Chris once again came home late. It was becoming routine now. You would call him asking what time he would be home and he would give you the same time as usual, 7pm. By the time11pm rolls around the dinner you had cooked has long been cold, you had finished a bottle of wine and you sat waiting, wondering where he was.

He had come home looking disheveled and slightly intoxicated. You took a long swig of your glass and poured the remainder of the bottle into it before letting him have it.

"Where have you been?" You asked nonchalantly trying to act like it didn't bother you.

"Out with friends. Am I not allowed to have friends?" He spat with his voice laced in venom.

"I never said that. I just think it's common courtesy to come home when you tell your wife you are coming home." You spat back. You were sick of this! Every damn night it would be the same thing. You knew marrying an actor would be hard but you expected that the late nights to be due to filming, not be due to the partying and the drinking he had suddenly started doing.

"Oh for gods sake! Can I have one night where you don't nag me?" He yelled.

"I'm not nagging I am just sick of coming second! You are never around!"

"If you weren't such a bitch I would be here more!" He yelled throwing his hands down on the table. You were shocked at his sudden outburst and it appears so was he. You snatched the unopened bottle of wine from the table and with your glass in hang you walked quickly to your room slamming the door behind you.

The clock on your bedside read 12am. That meant an hour of crying and drinking your sorrows away. As if on queue you heard a knock on the door and Chris poked his head out from behind the door with a sullen look on his face. You turned away as he walked over to you, sitting down by your side and taking the glass from your hand he took a swig and let out a sigh. You were the first ones to break the silence with the words you never wanted to say.

"I don't think I can do this anymore..." You bowed your head and waited for his response.

"Me too... I don't think I love you anymore." Just like that the pain you had earlier amplified ten fold.

When did you both stop trying?