Chapter 1-The Start Of Everything

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 1

Damien Doukas's POV

"But Damien darling!"

"Not ever mother. Not ever!" I snorted at my mother.

"Why not?" My mother sulked.

"Because! I'm not getting married. Ever!" I said exasperatedly. My mother pouted before glaring at me angrily, " But I want grandbabies! And you're not giving me any! I'm old and I want grandbabies!"

I rolled my eyes, "Mētéra. You're only fifty-three."

My mother glared at me, "Don't 'mother' me. I want grandbabies and after that, great-grandbabies!"

I shut my eyes, my mother was one of a kind. "You can get grandkids from Sofia or Leila. Or maybe both. I'm not getting married or having kids ever in my life."

My mother shot me a horrified gaze and attempted to faint conveniently in one of the luxurious red velvet chairs behind her. "Oh my goodness, I think I'm getting ill. Oh my poor heart! All my hopes and dreams!" My mother cried out. One hand on her heart and the other on her forehead.

Sometimes I really wished my father didn't marry an English opera singer for a wife not that I didn't love my mother with my entire being but sometimes her theatrics was too much to bear.

"Laura? What are you doing agápē mou?" My father's voice called out. Immediately, my mother sat up straight in her chair and glared at me with her index finger pointing accusingly at me. "Your son doesn't want to give me grandbabies!"

I knew she was faking it.

"Laura, leave Damien alone, he's only twenty-seven. When I was his age I wasn't thinking about marriage at all. In fact I was thinking-"

"Yeah thinking about whoring with all your Greek girlfriends weren't you?" My mother said sweetly before shooting him a pointed look.

My father shifted uncomfortably before continuing, "That's besides the point, I wasn't ready to settle down yet especially with kids until I met you agápē mou." My mother snorted gracefully before smiling sweetly at him.

"If you really love me Alexander, make your son get married so I can get my grandbabies!" I sighed, here we go again.

"Mētéra. For the last and final time I'm not getting married anytime soon."

My mother paled before retorting, "But-"

"Oh! Look at the time! I have a meeting with Drake. Goodbye mother and father." I said quickly before exiting the Doukas mansion and missed the slyness in my mother's eyes.

***

"What brings you to Greece my friend?" I asked casually.

Drake grinned, "Olivia insisted that you come down to Manhatten to plan for Trevor's birthday party because you're his godfather. And my mom misses you. I don't know why because you're such a cocky little shit.

I laughed and leaned back into the seat, "Maybe I'm a better son then you are. How long do I have to stay?"

Drake shrugged, "Around two months."

I raised my eyebrows, "Two months? Isn't it a little too long for a mere birthday party for a one year old?"

"That's what I bloody said to Olivia, "But she said that we had no choice because Trevor is her grandmother Gemma's great-grandchild and they are sort of Spanish royal blood, they want to throw a ball for him." Drake said slightly exasperated.

I guessed it'll be a good change of scenery from my parents. What did I have to lose anyway? "Okay, I'll see you there in a few days. I miss the little guy anyway."

"Great, I'll tell Olivia."

***

Adrianna Valdez's POV

I carefully placed the fresh daisies on the grave before taking away the old ones. "Hello Jake. It's been a while. I'm sorry I didn't visit you earlier this week. I've been very busy with work. Mama and papa are alright and they think it's time I move on. But I can't, Jake. I miss you." I paused, "It's gonna be your birthday in five days." I said quietly. "And your death anniversary in a month. It's been six years Jake. I thought I'll be able to get over your death but I can't. I still miss you."

I remained silent for a while before continuing, "I love you Jake. Always have always will." I pressed a kiss on my fingers and pressed it to the headstone.

I stood up and bit my lip before leaving the graveyard. As I was leaving, my steps slowed when I spotted one of my best friends Olivia Henderson. "Hey Livvy, what are you doing here?"

She smiled sadly at me, "I knew you'll be here. Would you like to go for some coffee? We have things to discuss."

I bit my lip and smiled, "Okay. That'll be nice."

"So what are you doing here in Spain all of a sudden?" Olivia beamed happily, "It's Trevor's one year birthday bash. And you know my grandparents, they're going to spoil him like crazy with a birthday ball. And since you're Trevor's Godmother, I'm inviting you to stay with me for the planning and whatnot for two months."

I blinked, "Wow. That's sounds great. What does Drake have to say about me staying with all of you?" I asked.

Olivia frowned in confusion, "What does this got to do with Drake?"

A little smirk graced my lips, "Because won't I be interrupting your nightly activities?" And as I expected, Olivia's eyes grew impossibly round and her cheeks turned red. She stammered, "W-w-what? No! Wait what! Adrianna!"

I burst out laughing, "Okay, okay, I'll help plan Trevor's party."

Olivia grinned happily, "Great, you'll be planning with Gemma, Leslie, Kaitlyn and Damien."

I frowned in confusion, "Who's Damien?" I was familiar with all the names except for a Damien.

Olivia pursed her lips before, "Oh, he's Trevor's Godfather. So you'll be working together with him. He is one of Drake's best friends who used to race with. But that's besides the point. So can you come?"

"Of course I will." Immediately, Olivia's eyes glimmered with glee.