Distance.

fast forward 2 months

It has been a few months since I last talked to Riki. He's busy entertaining the fan girls since Enhypen became popular in our school, and had a big fan base.

Afraid of becoming too close to him, and possibly causing rumours, I stopped going to my secret hideout. I was afraid that he would appear there.

It is for the best.

We're having English class and Ms Na was going through some essays. I was busy writing notes when I felt a kick from behind. I turned around and glared at Riki.

"What do you want" I leaned in closer so that Ms Na wouldn't hear us. "My pen fell under your chair, pick it up for me." he smirked. I rolled my eyes and bend down to pick it up before dumping it on his table.

ugh annoying

Finishing my classes for the day, I decided to go to a Internet cafe nearby to relax. After all, I have been mugging so much work and I haven't had time to rest. I paid for a 2 hour session and ordered ramyun and a cup of ice sprite. I found a quiet corner seat and plopped down, turning on the PC and plugging in the headset. I was engrossed in my game animal crossing that I hadn't noticed my food was served.

Just then, the bells of the entrance door rang, signalling someone had entered. Unbothered, I continued to play my game. From the corner of my eye, I could see that someone was walking towards me. Must be the person serving my food. "kamsahamnida" (thankyou) I said as I took a quick glance at the server.

To my surprise, it was not the server, it's RIKI.

omg what do i do?

"um hi... I thought you were the server haha....." I chuckled awkwardly. The rest of enhypen members entered the cafe right then noticed Riki's tall figure hovering over me. They booked their sessions and made their way towards us.

They were all infront of me. I waved shyly and turn back to my game, pretending to be occupied with my game. "You play animal crossing too? wanna play with me?" Sunoo's face lit up, seemingly full of excitement and eager that he found someone's to play with him.

Fast forward a few moments, they all settled down along my row.

I was busy slurping down my ramen before Sunoo snatched it over and took a big bite out of it.

I could feel Riki glaring.

"you're so fun to hang around! By the way, what's your name?" Sunoo asked.

"It's Haneul" I smiled.

"you should hang out with us like the other girls!"

"thanks for the offer but im really busy with studies haha."

I lied.

"aren't you in the same class as Riki? Riki why have you never mentioned about Haneul? she's so cool!" Sunoo squeezed my cheek while asking.

"I don't know, never saw her in class"

He didn't need to be so cold, I showed him my secret hide out. Ugh. what a jerk.

"ohh..." Sunoo muttered.

There was a awkward silence among us.

"How about lets go eat dinner together since it's late already?" Heeseung asked, in attempt to clear the stiffling air. We all agreed and headed out to a nearby bbq restaurant.

On the way, Sunoo kept teasing me about me being a nerd and playing around with my hair.

Just then, Riki announced,"I'm going to leave. I'm not that hungry anyways."

He turned around and walked away. We were left confused by his action.

Is he okay?

I told the rest to go ahead first before turning back to chase after Riki. His steps were bigger than mine so I had to sprint to catch up. "h-heyy where are y-you going?" I stuttered, still breathless from the intensive running.

"Why do you care" he answered emotionless.

"I... just wanted to check on you?"

I didn't know why I was doing this either.

"I'm going to the park, follow if you want to" he muttered quickly before walking off again.

Damn it he walks too fast.

I couldn't catch up with his pace so I gave up and followed behind him quietly instead.

After awhile, we finally made it to the park and he sat down cross-legged on a bench. Not knowing what to do, I sat at the corner of the bench.

"So how's school life?" I asked, breaking the stifled atmosphere.

"The same" he answered, gazing at the night sky.

"are you always this quiet?" I asked curiously.

"No, I'm only like this around you because you're annoying."

"yah! what do you mean!" I slapped his arm hard, pouting.

He smiled.

That mesmerising smile.

The one that made my heart flutter and beat so hard I could hear it so loud and clear.

We sat there for a few hours, simply talking, getting more comfortable with each other.

As the saying goes, time passes fast when you're enjoying the moment.

It was already past 12 and I had to head home. Riki switched on his phone to find several missed calls and texts, mostly from the other members asking what he's doing, while the others were from fan girls that got his number.

Riki ignored the texts and grabbed my wrist to pull me up before walking me home to ensure I was safe.

The way back we discussed a lot about our goals and life. I got to know him a little better. And so did he.

After watching me enter the gate, we waved goodbye and he headed home.

It was probably one of the best days I had in a while.

a/n : no skinships yet haha also i have a ton of holiday homework T.T here i am typing a 1000 word story while I have many essays that I haven't complete 😔 (2019)

a/n : 🧍🏼‍♀️(2022)