two

Iced Coffee

Seungmin

"Don't you like your job?" Dad asks, still typing on his laptop. He has a lot of business so we make a lot of money but that isn't the point. I just wanna part time not full time.

"I love it! But dad, I just wanna explore outside our cafe. I don't wanna be stucked there all day" I pleased. Dad closed his laptop and looked at me for a little while before deciding.

"Fine, but there are times you'll be working at night. Is it alright?" He folds his arms, making sure I agree.

I nodded quietly and was about to go when he said,

"Speak before you go" He ordered. I bowed and bid my goodbye before leaving to work. "I-I agree. Thank you dad. I gotta go" I went out of his place and skipped going to the cafe.

I went straight to the cafe and arranged the tables. Felix was already here so he's a bit earlier than me. I cleaned the whole place before opening the shop.

"You're today's cashier!" Felix says as he makes a hot coffee for himself.

"Fine but bet, iced coffee is better than that" I point at his drink and he fires his eyes at mine.

"Nope, these are better" He shot back.

"Really? You didn't even try to taste it don't you?" I fired my eyes back but he rolls his eyes playfully.

"Nah, you shouldn't be deciding things for me. This is what I like and besides, the season is getting cold so don't you need something hot?" He debates.

I sighed defeatly, seeing customers getting in our shop. After maybe eight customers ordering, me and Felix emded up eating rainbow cakes on the corner of the counter so people wouldn't noticem much. We just had a small talk and after that, silence and going back to work.

"So, until what time are you gonna work since your dad agreed to your decision?" He asks, wiping the tissue on his face.

"Maybe until five? I don't know. Maybe I'd leave whenever I want" I said, putting the plates on the dishwasher.

Both of us were back at working again and now I was in charge of cleaning. I got myself a towel and a tray to fix the leftovers and others.

I was wiping an empty table when suddenly, the bell on the entrance door dings and a very strong light was blinding me. I could barely see the person entering the door but didn't mind it.

He was now walking towards the counter. He was so tall I could barely reach him but that's not the point. I couldn't see his face properly because of his sunglasses covering his eyes, also his face mask.

"One Caramel Macchiato please"