Ch 43: Decisions and Life

Sorry that an update took so long, you guys. I've been really busy and then got really sick and then got really busy again. I'm back in school so do forgive me if updates aren't consistent. But don't worry, I'll continue writing this story. I've got a lot left to write.

Also, there's probably a ton of spelling errors and grammar mistakes (like usual lol). If you see anything that doesn't make sense or just really want me to fix something, just leave a comment and I'll edit it.

Thanks like always! Hope you enjoy the chapter! I tried to make it a long one <3

~~~~

Decide.

So do it. Decide.

Is this the life you want to life?

Is this the person you want to love?

Is this the best version you can be?

Can you be stronger?

Kinder, more compassionate?

Decide.

Breathe in.

Breath out and decide.

- UNKNOWN

The weather was still cold over the following weeks, but the snow had ceased and dried leaving a refreshed landscape in its wake. Dew clung to the grass and dripped from trees. Rivers flowed with revitalized youth. Even the wind whistled cheerily. The castle seemed rejuvenated with the arrival of spring, faces refreshed, laughter renewed. People were happy, relieved and content at the passing of the harsh winter and were looking forward to the coming months until summer.

Everyone except Adelaide, that is.

She was more tired these days than ever. More worn and mentally exhausted. Regardless of the hours she slept and the days she rested, she couldn't escape her worry, her dread. With the arrival of spring came the arrival of new challenges that she hadn't anticipated. And they were keeping her up at night.

She wasn't entirely certain who had started it, who had voiced their opinion first, but as winter faded and the warmth refilled the castle and the town, a shared goal passed between the people as soft as a lover's kiss. Together they had crafted a goal, a bet some would say, that aimed at reuniting Arthur and Adelaide, and have the beloved twins reconcile their differences.

It seemed that the longer Adelaide's charade had endured, the more people's concerns had grown.

Adelaide and Arthur were both figures who, over the last few months, had developed into recognizable, well-known, beloved people. Throughout all the Lancastrians.

Adelaide had grown closer to the females, impressing them with paintings and sketches that she had done for fun. She did find their endless gossip exhausting to listen to, but their stories were warming and their advice welcomed. Especially when it came to land on the topic of boys and men and everything that encircled them.

Arthur, on the other hand, had made a name for himself and had gradually become someone to be feared. Well, feared was a bit of stretch, but Adelaide's male persona was truly respected by both Henry's advisors and his soldiers. She had made regular appearances to train and speak with the new recruits, finding their clumsiness and youth charming. Their personalities were more varied and unique to observe, but they smelled terrible the majority of the time. Their laughter was contagious, though, and Adelaide always found herself smiling openly and unbothered when with them.