Chapter 52: Feels Like Love

Start from the beginning

Alex moved aside a bit to lift up his notebook enough for her to see what it said. He had written, 'I love you' in a messy handwriting. Underneath that, there was a quick sketch of a heart with her name on it. She blushed as he set the paper down on his desk and turned to give her a quick smirk.

Amity and Alex: Real love's not supposed to be. Afraid of what everybody thinks. So let's show em all what we can do.

***

Jalie and Amex: Maybe this could be. More than just fun. This could be everything that I want. What's happening to me? Could you be the one? This could be everything that I want. I didn't know how good it could be. And it feels like love to me.

Though Unique and Shana tried to be together during passing periods, since the release of their interviews about each other on The Paper View, it had become harder for them to publically see each other without everyone watching them.

Shana: I've got to say it now
Unique: Seems too hard to do this

They stood across each other in a now-crowded hallway, meeting up too late as the next passing period began and the students began to surround them again.

Shana: We've got to work it out
Unique: Nothin' about us makes sense

Shana sighed, leaning against the lockers as she looked at Unique. If it were up to her, they'd say screw you to the world and display as much as their affection as the other couples at school did.

Shana: I feel the bridge from where I am to where you are
Shana and Unique: It shouldn't have to be this hard

But they kept their distance because Unique was scared and Shana couldn't blame her. Just dressing the way she did got her some teasing every now and then. Their relationship was a ticking time bomb, and soon someone would make a snarky comment about it.

Julie: Ooooooh!

As she watched the couples throughout campus exchange gifts, as they'd been doing all week, Harmony stood at her open locker and tried to hide the fact that she was crushing on the wrong guy, at least wrong according to the school's current social system. Ryder was giving Carrie yet another rose, which he'd been doing every day of the week, along with plenty of other things. He was the master romancer and Carrie was eating up the attention.

Harmony with All (Julie): Maybe this could be. More than just fun. (Yeah...) This could be everything that I want (Everything that I want!). What's happening to me? Could you be the one? (Be the one...) This could be everything that I want (Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah). I didn't know how good it could be. (No, no...) And it feels like love to me. (Like love to me)

Tired of the distance between she and her girlfriend, Unique took a deep breath and walked a few feet away. Without warning, she gave Shana a kiss, shaking from the fear of being slushied as soon as she turned away. When she did, however, nobody said a word. They were watching with mixed expressions on their faces, but none of them dared say anything, not knowing that Ryder and Julie had the power to destroy them if they did.

Girls (Julie): Feels like love. Feels like love. (Oh oh) Feels like love to me....

"That wasn't too bad," Unique sighed with relief. Shana smiled and nodded, but was interrupted when her phone vibrated. When she read her screen and frowned Unique asked, "What's wrong?" However, Shana looked up at her with a serious look on her face and their fleeting happiness disappeared.

Girls (Julie): Feels like love. (Like love, love) Feels like love. (Feels like love) Feels like love to me. (Feels like love to me)

Harmony shut her locker forcefully, annoyed at herself and tired of staring at a couple that had done nothing but frustrate her. She turned to head towards the choir room for lunch and was shocked when a slushie hit her face.