Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Azalea's POV

The colorful autumn leaves were sprawled out on the ground, the crisp wind blew my dark hair out of my face. It was an ideal fall day, perfect for the start of school. I stepped on a red leaf, making a loud crunching noise. It's been a while since I've been to a school, but not very long since I've learned. Even if I live in Roblox, I still had to learn. Builderman made me go to one of those specialty classes at Roblox University, for people like him so I could keep up with my studies. I couldn't argue, it was better than being stuck in one of those schools by the orphanage I was forced to stay at.

I continued down the sidewalk until I rounded the corner to Amanda's house. I saw there were other people in front of her house, wearing their backpacks and colorful jackets. Huh. So this must be the bus stop. I spotted Amanda, so I reached in my pocket, hand avoiding the flashdrive, and pulled out the five dollars I promised. I approached her, my held out dollar lightly waving with the breeze.

Amanda was currently sitting under a tree, scribbling something in her bright red notebook. She looked up when she noticed my towering figure over her. "I thought you might've forgotten."

"Hey, a deal's a deal," I said to her, placing my bag down to accompany her.

I leaned against the tree and closed my eyes. I could sense her wary gaze on me even through my shut lids.

"So," I said casually, eyes still resting. "Doesn't your school start later than mine?"

"Yeah," she replied. "Like an hour later."

"How come you're out here so early then?"

"I like to come out here to write before the neighborhood gets busy."

"You write?"

"Mhm."

"About what?"

"Nothing..."

"Okay." I turned away from her, pretending like I didn't care. Reverse psychology usually works on most.

There was a pause. She finally spoke up. "I like to write stories about Herobrine."

"Herobrine as in Herobrine from Minecraft?"

"Yeah! You know him?"

"Heard about him. How come you write... uh, what are those called again..."

"Fanfictions?"

"Yeah! How come you write those? And about Herobrine specifically?"

"He's pretty misunderstood, and that's what makes him fascinating to me."

"That's pretty neat," I said holding in a secretive smile. Herobrine's real. He was, anyway. Only I and a few others know that.

Amanda nudged me. I opened my eyes. "Hm?"

"You've got an admirer," she said, nodding over to Hayden. I locked eye contact with Hayden, who was leering at me. I broke eye contact with him, he was making me a bit nervous. Did he know...?

"What's your definition of 'admire'?" I murmured.

"What?" she asked, apparently unable to hear my sarcastic comment.

"Nothing."

I heard the low grumble of an engine, and I looked up to see a yellow bus towering over me. The people waiting at the bus stop started walking toward the doors, which flew open.

"That's me," I said, getting up and brushing myself off. "See ya, Amanda."

I grabbed my bag and ran towards the bus, where the driver was wearily staring at me. I walked on to see unfamiliar faces staring at my new one. When I plopped down on an empty seat, the loud talking and cussing continued. The bus slowly started driving away from my stop, and I felt a nervous knot form in my stomach again. I haven't been to a public human school in years!