Chapter 14: Kyoto Arc: Part 2

Issei idly stared out of the bus window as the second year of kuoh academy traveled for their annual trip to Kyoto. Invigld was seated next to him with her head resting on his shoulder as she softly snored.

Most of the boys and the girls in the bus glared at Issei. The boys because he had a girl whose beauty not only matched the great ladies of kuoh but also surpassed it, leaning into him.

The girls were glaring at him because they felt that he was acting like a pervert by not pushing Invigld away from him. Issei, however, did not care about what they thought of him. He knew that in the grand scale of things all of them were no bigger than ants.

Sighing in slight boredom he took out his phone before connecting the earphones in as he started playing his musical playlist. As he stared out the window he couldn't help but feel that the upcoming trip would be a little troublesome.

He didn't know how to describe it but the air had a certain heaviness that he did not like. There was a slight tension that seemed to grow as they neared Kyoto. He knew that somehow one way or another he would once again find himself stuck right in the middle of yet another conspiracy.

But meh he kinda liked this feeling, it gave him a thrill that he loved. The journey then continued in the same pace and the group of second years from kuoh academy finally reached Kyoto a number of hours later. As soon as they arrived Issei gently cajoled the sleeping Invigld awake before the duo walked out of the bus.

Once outside Issei closed his eyes and let his senses spread out into their surroundings. He liked to be aware of any dangers that might have been lurking. When he found nothing of any significance he opened his eyes and idly followed the rest of his year mates to where their teachers were waiting.

Once the whole year was together Azazel spoke up and said "Alright everyone we will be checking into our resort soon. The school was kind enough to get 2 sets of rooms for each class. Your homeroom teachers will be the ones you report to and they further will report. For know we want all of you to settle into your rooms before meeting us out in a couple of hours."

When everyone nodded in assent the large group broke up according to their classes and were then lead by their teachers towards their rooms. Issei idly followed Rossweisse with the rest of his class mates. The tension in the air was suddenly palpable. He tensed his body and readied himself for any and everything. Both ddraig and Benihime accepted this with small nods and began channeling a small bit if the power to ensure that Issei could get into battle gear without much toughness.

Once everyone was in their resort rooms, Issei excused himself from the rest of the boys in his class and walked out intent on talking with Azazel. Something about this place didn't match up to a simple school trip.

Finding Azazel sitting alone in the lobby he made way towards him and said: "Oi Sensei I need to have a word with you."

Azazel looked up with a lazy smile and nodded before the duo walked towards an empty corner. Once there Azazel set up a few privacy wards before turning to Issei and saying "So what did you want to talk about the sport?"

"Is everything okay here? I just feel as if we've walked into a temporary war zone." Issei asked with a deadpan.

"So you noticed huh? We don't really know whats going on here, but I have already sent word to both Gabriel and Serafall they will be here in a couple of days to talk with the yokai higher-ups. Until then it will best to stay on your guard and be ready for everything." Azazel replied sombrely.

"Noted, thanks sensei. I will keep an eye out and let you guys know if I can find out what is wrong." Issei said with a nod.

Azazel smiled at that before shooing Issei away. He then glanced at his watch and found that the group still had an hour before they had to leave for sight seeing. Sighing to himself he went to the bar to grab a small drink.