Chapter 13: The Survivor

(Frost PoV)

We had found a safe place to wait till morning. Where we will send an attack group to the Jamming station to get a message back to Six with information to send CELL running. However, I just felt empty inside, the void left by both Frank's and Y/n's death. I just feel nothing but sadness and anger. And Sebastien knew this side of me, and he was trying to keep it subdued till we got home. Where the others could help. But it wasn't working.

I went to bed early, to wallow in self-pity. Exactly what I did when Frank died. But this time I also I had both of Y/n's weapons. He loved them both. Mainly his Railgun, as his suit could contact it Remotely. It was a 'secret system' in his suit. One he 'only uses in emergencies'. I smiled as I rubbed my thumb across the name, I silently Muttered "Diablo, what was his obsession with that name." I chuckled to myself, but that stopped when the Gun activated, it didn't shoot. But the name Lit up after I finished rubbing my finger over it. then it spoke.

"operator Tina Lin Tsang. DNA sample accepted, scanning." Once it finished it flashed a bit, a red beam shot from the sight and went over me. 

"scan complete, setting automatic power output as to not damage the operator. Opening file labelled 'frost', setting power output to medium. Connecting to Acerbus suit..........connection failed. Setting new user, per y/n Richardson's request, as Tina Lin Tsang. Please say full name so I know it's you." 

I was quite shocked, what did it mean 'Per Y/n Richardson's request'? did he know he may have died, why me? Why not someone else who could use the gun on a higher setting like Alex or Daniel? I was so confused. The Gun then spoke again.

"please State full name or this gun will self-destruct in 1 minute." I quickly stumble my words out. "T...Tina Lin Tsang." There was a moment of silence, then the guns colour changed from Red to Blue. "operator Tina Lin Tsang voice recognition accepted. Playing pre-recorded message."

I heard the voice of Y/n and it made my breakdown, I was silently crying as the gun spoke to me, "Hey Tina, I'm guessing if you are hearing this then I am probably dead and they managed to retrieve my gun. She is a beauty, use her with care please. But that isn't the reason I have recorded this message. You see you were the only one who truly accepted me back at base. and for that I am forever grateful. You showed that the man I once was could come back. And I know by the time I am probably dead you would have already known this. But I wanted no regrets in case I die before I could tell you. At the point of recording I haven't got the balls to say, but I might as well get it over with." I knew what was coming, "I loved you, and I always will. And just know that if I am dead then I will always be there too look over you. Where ever you may be."

"end of recording. Suit's location is unknown, attempting to reconnect....failed." The gun shut up after that. But I noticed the name 'Diablo' has now changed to 'Frostbite'. "Frostbite?" I questioned, the gun then spoke up "changing speech to comm set, you will only her this weapon through your comm set now." I Quickly grabbed my Comm set and I heard it speak, "operator, would you like to change firing mode or weapon power?" it asked, "Neither, I would like you to replay the message." "Replaying, message."

(Acerbus PoV)

SYSTEMS FAILIURE

OXYGEN SYSTEMS: 20%

LIFE SUPPORT SYSTEMS: FAILING

ATTEMPT RESTART

3, 2, 1, BZZZZZ

ATTEMPT FAILED

ATTEMPT RESTART

3, 2, 1, BZZZZZZZ