- chapter 16 -

Giorno was so close, it was terrifying you. Of all the people you got to meet here, he was the one you got attached to the most, the one you trusted the most. You suddenly realized...

"Giorno..." You started, whispering. 

"Are you testing me...?" 

Giorno stayed still, looking into your big orbs. His face transformed from a lustful, although it felt fake, expression to a stoic one, then to a relieved one.

"(Y/N), my dear, you know I'd never do such things to you. when they took you away from us- no... from me, that rare emotion of fright came to me. I haven't felt such fear in years... I was worried...? he starts as he gets off of you, pulling you up with him as he embraces you into a warm hug.

"I feared that they would have traumatized you... I feared that they could have touched you, abused you, to say the least. I knew that you were strong, I didn't mean to scare you but I'm quite sure that asking you if they dared to assault would be rather useless so I went to extremes. I thought that you'd realize that I wouldn't dare to hurt you in any way, if you didn't realize it then it means that you got too blinded with fright which would lead me to think that something happened. Perdonami." He ends up saying as he tights his embrace around you.

You sigh, hugging him back,

"They treated me well enough Gio, I trust you. Melone did kiss me here and there but it wasn't forced. If I have to state the truth, he's the one that kept defending me. I was scared of your sudden act but you're right, I know that you wouldn't dare... although..." You go silent for a few seconds.

"When you said that you loved me... I suddenly wondered what you meant by that-"

He interrupts you with a light kiss on your forehead. His kiss is so delicate it makes your whole body shiver, you feel butterflies in your stomach, as some put it.

You stay silent for a few minutes, the room you're in is fully silent, you only hear your breaths.

"Gio..." You call, muttering.

"It doesn't matter, I'm not a firm believer in love at my age, this feeling comes and goes. I have temptations too..." He sighs, continuing.

"I... I'm a man after all, but I'm also able to control myself."

That sentence sends an even stronger shiver down your spine, you almost... feel every word he's expressing.

A few more minutes pass by as you keep hugging each other, appreciating the silence surrounding you.

"I appreciate you so fucking much, Gio" You finally state as you break the hug, lightly kissing his cheek instead.

You hear his gentle chuckle and you can't help but smile. "I'm so glad I won't have to sleep with anybody else, specially Narancia"

You both laugh.

You hear the door open, the intruders entering without even knocking.  You and Giorno don't flinch though, you have nothing to hide.

"Have some manners and knock next time, Mista" Giorno scolds as he lays on the bed.

"But it was Narancia! He was sayin' stupid shit like 'OH! Bet they be fuckin' right there' and he opened the door just like that-"

"SHUT UP! It was you who kept talking about them fucking- I just followed, right Melone?!" Narancia states as he walks in the room, followed by Melone, a sweet-bitter expression pained all over him, you're not sure of the reason.

"I'm not a 'fuckboy', and... Welcome, Melone" Giorno greets the older man. Rather, he coldly greets him, you could hear a tone of irritation in his voice.