Chapter 9

Sif's POV

A knock on my door scares me and I drop my book, losing the page I was on. I open the door to see Steve standing there, grinning.

"You seem to be in a very good mood," I say, kissing him on the cheek.

"Come on! Let's go somewhere," he grabs my hand and pulls me into the hallway.

"You want me to go somewhere? Looking like this? Should I not get more dressed up?" I ask.

"No, you look beautiful just like that," Steve remarks, then kisses me.

"You are so flattering. But, I don't feel as if we should leave the Tower."

"Why not?" He questions, pouting.

"I don't know. I have a bad feeling about leaving here."

"What do you mean?"

"Something feels wrong. I feel if we leave, something will happen."

"We're staying and I want you to say something to Fury."

"What will I say?"

"What you just told me."

"I don't know how to go about it. And I don't really know that I want to."

"But you have to."

"Why?"

"Captain's orders."

"You were just waiting to use that line, were you not?"

"I was," he says, smiling almost too big for his face.

"You're a dork," I say in my best Midgardian accent.

I watch his eyes get as wide as saucers and I start laughing. "What was that?"

"My best Midgardian accent," I reply.

"That was actually pretty good."

"Why thank you. I try my hardest."

"Your time here has changed you."

"Changed me? Whatsoever do you mean?"

"You're talking like us, you look like us, you're acting like us. Don't get me wrong, I like it. But your friends won't."

"Thor has been acting like you and talking like you. I suppose I can figure out how to talk normal again."

"Go talk to Fury! I know what you're doing."

"I am not doing anything. I have no idea what you are talking about," I say, trying to stop myself from smiling.

"Sif..."

"You don't know my last name, do you?"

"Um..."

"It's okay. Do you want me to tell you what it is?"

"No. I'll Google it."

"Google?"

"It's on the Internet."

"The Internet?"

"On the computer."

"Computer? Okay you just do it."

Steve drops my hand and walks to the living room. "This is a computer. This is Google."

"Okay what do you do now?"

"I'm typing in your name."

He clicks on a website and scrolls. Steve looks at me and narrows his eyes. I ruffle his hair and grin. "You don't even have a last name!"