Chapter 3

Sif's POV

"Who is this Bucky that tried to get you killed?" I ask the Captain. A look of pain crosses his face.

"We grew up together. He protected me and got me out of fights all the time. We were on a train capturing a Hydra doctor when the side got blown out and he fell to what I thought was his death. Hydra found him, brainwashed him, and turned him into the Winter Soldier. We haven't seen him since then. He just disappeared," he replies.

"I'm sorry," I apologize.

"It's okay, I have a feeling that he escaped and he's hiding from them somewhere. Fury is planning to destroy Hydra, make sure that they can't come back. In the meanwhile, we're trying to find him. I believe that he'll want to fight them with us," he says.

"I'll help fight them, too," I volunteer.

"Thank you. We need all the help we can get," he responds.

After my conversation with the Captain ends, I get up and walk back to my room. I lie down then decide to go talk to Thor. I knock on the door a few times then hear him stumble towards the door.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were sleeping. I can come back later if you'd like," I say when he opens the door.

"It is all right. Come in," he replies.

"Are you starting to be charmed by Lady Elisabeth? So soon after Jane?" I ask.

"Lady Sif, correct me if I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you want me to be with that wretched Jane," he states.

"No, not at all. But isn't it a bit soon to be with another woman? You just met her acquaintance a few days ago," I reply.

"Do you not like Lady Elisabeth?" he asks.

"I would be cautious after what happened with Jane," I say.

"I am being cautious. Elsi is not going to be like Jane," he says.

"Thor, you cannot pass that judgement until," I start.

"I am not passing judgement. She is nothing like Jane. She's smarter than Jane, she would never do what Jane did," he replies.

"I just don't want you to get hurt," I say.

"Sif, I'll be fine. Elsi is nothing like Jane," he snaps.

"Okay. I just don't want to see you hurt again," I reply.

"Sif, I appreciate the concern, but I can pass my own judgment and make my own decisions. Would you mind leaving? I would like some time to myself," he asks.

"Absolutely," I say, then leave his quarters.

I'm not paying attention when I bump into someone. "Oh, I'm sorry!" Captain says.

"It's quite all right, Captain. I should've been watching where I was going," I respond.

"Sif, would you like to go into the city and have lunch with me?" he asks.

"It would be my pleasure," I reply.

"Okay, I'll come get you around noon," he tells me. I head back to my quarters.

As the Captain promised, he picks me up at noon.

"You look very nice, ma'am," he says.

"As do you, Captain," I reply.

"Please, call me Steve," he tells me.

"Please, call me Sif," I copy him.

He laughs, grabs my hand, and pulls me into the elevator. The elevator stops on a floor I haven't been on and Steve gets out. I follow him along a line of 'cars' as the Midgardians call them.