Chapter 11

~Alex~

It's 5:45pm and I am pacing back and forth in the waiting room, biting my nails. I can't believe Victoria got in a car crash! What happened in the first place? Did someone hit them or did they hit someone or thing? Many questions are racing through my mind of what happened. Ian also was injured but not as severe. He got a slight head wound and a broken ankle. Dr. Bates said he will be fine, considering the healing process and physical therapy. Victoria on the other hand got worse. Apparently a car lost control and slammed into the passenger side of Ian's car which caused Victoria to get the worse end of the accident. Thankfully no one died, but both people have insurance and no one pressed any charges or anything. Dr. Bates said that Victoria's injures are pretty bad though. She got a minor concussion, 2-inch gash above her eye, about three cracked ribs and a broken leg. The doctors had to perform a small surgery just to make sure she didn't have any more internal injures that they didn't know about. Anthony is here too with all of the crew as well. They came from editing videos for support.

*Time Skip*

It's now almost 8pm when Dr. Bates comes back with a report on our friends. "Well I have some good news and bad news." He pauses before continuing, "The good news is that after about two weeks Ian will be back on his feet but he has to take it easy. Also Victoria is stable and conscious," he pauses again but for a longer period of time. "The bad news though is that Victoria needs to stay here for ten weeks in order to heal properly. You are all welcome to visit her during that time whenever you feel like." The doctor finishes with hurt in his eyes. My face drops and I sit back down and Dr. Bates leaves. That's two and a half months! What am I going to do?! I think to myself. Mari comes over to me and comforts me by rubbing my back. I don't know why I'm like this because she will be okay...hopefully.

The doctor said we could go in and visit them now, so Mari and I went to go see Victoria while the rest of the Smosh crew went to see Ian. I walk in the door to find a sleeping, beautiful young girl. I walk to the left side of her while Mari shows up at her right. Victoria has a bandage above her eye where the gash is, a cast that is from her foot to her knee, and most likely bandages wrapping around her stomach to keep her from moving too much. I grab Victoria's hand and she turns her head to me, waking up. "Hey sleepyhead. How ya feeling?" I ask with sympathetic smile.

She opens her eye's, "Um okay I guess. Just tired."

"Okay well get some rest. You're gonna need it." Mari says. She looks to me giving me the indication that we should go.

~Ian~

"So what do you remember bro?" Anthony asks me. He is standing on my left with Joven and Flitz. Lasercorn, Wes, and Sohinki are on my left. Mari is with Alex visiting Victoria in another room. Anthony was asking me what I remember from the crash, and honestly I don't remember much. "Well, all I remember was that I was driving her home. We were almost there when out of nowhere a car slams into the passenger side. I don't remember the crash itself but I remember after we stopped spinning, I looked to Victoria to see if he was alright. She looked confused, like she was dizzy. I tried asking her if she was alright or if she was hurt, but she didn't respond. She just looked at me blankly then passed out. Now we are here." The boys looked from one to another with concern. "Well on the bright side dude," Joven said before anyone else had the chance, "your gonna be fine and after a few weeks you can be back on your feet. But you're still gonna have to be careful." I smile, "Well that's good news."

After a few more minutes of talking, the boys leave, well most. I tell Anthony to stay behind so he can do me a favor. "Hey dude, can you tell Alex to come here for a sec? I need to talk to her." He smiles and nods, "Yeah sure bro. And if you need anything just let me know." He leaves and within two minutes, Alex is walking through the door. She walks over to me and sits down on the side of the bed. "Alex, you need to know something." She nods her head, eyes glowing with concern. "Alex you need to know that I did not mean in any way for Vicky to get hurt that badly. I don't want you mad at me for driving her home and causing this accident. That's all it was, an accident, I swear!" Before I could say anymore, Alex interrupts me, "Ian, Ian calm down. I know it wasn't your fault. People drive crazier and crazier every year. You guys were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but that happens to the best of us. I'm just glad that neither one of you died." I take a sigh of relief and smile, "Thanks Alex for understanding. And I'm sure this must be very hard on you not only the car crash but also with the stuff with your ex adding to the situation." Alex turns her head at me probably wondering how I found out. "Victoria told me. I promise I won't tell." She sighs for a second then looks at me, "You know, I don't mind if you tell anyone really. I thought I would mind but I guess this is just letting him go. Anyway thanks Ian. I will check in later okay, and if you need anything just give me a call." I smile and she walks back out the way she came from. I adjust the hospital bed and go back to sleep.