He was right because even the couple so in love don’t have it perfect. I have seen it first hand, god who would have thought my once whore of a cousin would be giving me relationship advice. We pulled up to his house, I just loved their house. It was a gift from Grant’s aunt Joan when they got married. It was the second house they lived in together, it was so big and beautiful. They had a big front and backyard, Lola was waiting for us by the front door.

      “Such a vicious guard dog you have their,” I said ask I bent down to pat her. I giggled at she licked my face.

     “Hey she can be if she sees the people she loves in danger,” Joaquin said as he unlocked the door. We walked in as Lola followed us in, she ran to the kitchen. “Do you mind feeding her while I go put Riley in his bed?”

      “Yeah sure,” I fed her and then started on dinner.

<><><><>

     “Uncle Aden!” Jazzy shouted as she walked into the kitchen, followed by Grant. She ran to me and I picked her up, she was just five but she was getting bigger every day. she wrapped her small arms around my neck and kissed me on the cheek. “I missed you uncle Aden.” I hugged her tighter and kissed her cheek. “You missed my ballet recital, but daddy told me you had to work.”

     “Aw I missed you too baby girl and I’ll try and see you more often and I’ll will try to go next time you have ballet recital.” I put her down and she went over to Joaquin.  He picked her up and sat her on his lap. I still couldn’t believe he was a dad, but he was a great one.

     “Daddy look at what I made you in school.” Grant handed her backpack to her, as he leaned down to kiss Joaquin. Jazzy took out a paper and showed Joaquin.

    "So I see your making quite a meal here," Grant said as he lifted the lid off one of the pots.

     "Yeah I'm planning a surprise romantic dinner for Jaxon, he has been working late all this week, plus it's our anniversary." I finished making the meatloaf, "Grant can you open the oven?" He opened it and I place it inside.

     "Let me guess, my lovely husband said he would help you and that we could have what's left for dinner?" Grant asked as he looked at Joaquin as he placed Jazzy in the stool next to him.

     "Don't look at me like that, I have a deadline I need to meet. I could have easily ordered food, be grateful you’re getting a home cooked meal." Grant chuckled as he walked over to him, he stood behind him and wrapped his arm around him and leaned in close to his ear.

     He whispered something to Joaquin that made him get red and turned around to hit Grant. "You stupid jackass, don't say things like that!"

      Jazzy gasped as she stopped coloring and looked up at Joaquin, "daddy you said a bad word."

     Joaquin glared at Grant as he laughed, " no baby girl that wasn’t a bad word. It's just a nickname I call your papa, but only I can call him that."

    “Yeah Jazzy, it’s just a special name your daddy uses when it’s just me and him.” Grant winked at him as he snacked on the veggie I had on the counter.

     “I’m going to go see if Riley is up,” Joaquin said as he got up but glared at Grant one more time. He just chuckled at Joaquin left the kitchen.

     “You know he is going to make you pay for that later?”

     “Oh I know and I am counting on it, he needs a good stress reliever and I’m more than happy to give it to him.” I shook my head, they really had an interesting relationship but there was no doubt they loved each other.